Give Me Love

"Dear cupid, I don't really know what the point is in making me fall in love with someone I can't have." -Unknown

    Anael's P.O.V:

    I awoke to a pounding beat, like a drum, echoing in the quiet solitude of my one-bedroom apartment. When I registered the sound, I groaned and walked reluctantly past the cramped kitchen, through my small living room, and to the door. 

   Can't she just hurry the hell up?! I have places to be.

        The landlord. His voice screamed in my head and I had to hold my temples to calm the throbbing sensastion his loud thoughts caused. I grumbled as I opened the door to Phil, the building's balding, aging, lonely cat-man. In his hand was a note of paper, I could only guess it was the letter of foreclosure I was waiting on.

           "That's yours, you have a week." With a grunt, Phil left me with the letter, and as I stared at his back my body propelled me to him in no time.

            My back burned, a feeling I was all too familiar with by now. I flexed my shoulders and felt the metalic, red liquid drip down my back as my wings broke through my pale, damaged skin. I followed Phil through the shadows, unseen and unheard of. A throbbing in my stomach told me she'd be here any moment. I crouched down, and waited. 

            Phil sighed, removing his glasses to swipe the lenses with his dirty, grey t-shirt. They were dirtier than before his attempt at cleaning them. He sensed a presence, and I moved closer to the wall, paranoid by his curiosity. He shook his head, dismissing the thought of a stalker, and walked over to the building's main lobby, and to his own desk. 

    Just one night, that's all I need. I'll be ready tomorrow, I just need time, it'll be fine Claira..

            She was close enough that I could here her thoughts clearly now. I reached back instinctively to ready myself. When I caught hold of what I was looking for, I pulled out my bow from around my back, and the pouch of arrows that comes along with the wings.

             I loaded the arrow into the bow, and pointing it at Claira's back, I released the arrow and witnessed the flash of pain that always comes with love on her face, and watched as the arrow disintegrated into the air slowly, and the pain left her face, replacing itself with lust. I crouched down, ready to witness the rejection, or love Claira will experience as she gripped Phil's soiled, ripped shirt and guided his mouth to hers. 

               I listened to the gasp of shock that left Phil's lips, then sighed as he began to kiss her back.

             I pushed away their thoughts as I raced up to my apartment and closed the door behind me, falling onto the couch, I let out a single dry-throat cry of desperation. One after the last, I broke down, and I couldn't stop the screams as they busted through my mouth and sung me to sleep.