ch.4| show time

Exhausted.

If there was one word the boys could use to describe how they felt, it was exhausted.

Of course they didn't blame Harry, he was the most drained of them all; beneath his eyes a dark indigo, resulting in the lack of sleep from the night previous.

They'd completely disregarded the idea of going back to bed, and instead stayed awake, half falling asleep as they slouched against the cushions on the sofa.

Since his multiple times of throwing up, Harry felt much better. His stomach still ached every so often, but his headache was barely there, just an occasionally twinge of pressure. However he still looked pale, and now to top it off he was completely and utterly exhausted.

"I'm really sorry lads." Harry croaked out, his voice now with a slight tremble. The amount of vomiting that had occurred did no good to his throat, and now his voice was rather gravelly.

Louis placed a hand on Harry's knee, giving a gentle squeeze, along with a tired smile.

"Don't apologise, it's not your fault." He told him, but Harry couldn't help but feel as if everyones tiredness was because of him. Which it partly was, but they weren't going to tell him that.

"Listen," Liam then spoke up, "we all know that you aren't well enough to be singing and dancing up around on stage." The boys nodded and Harry glanced in Liam's direction, "and I've given management a call," by the tone of his voice, it seemed his next words weren't positive.

"I'm really sorry mate, but you still have to perform."

Harry could only sigh heavily, he wasn't really sure what he was expecting. He just knew that he'd have zero to no energy at all, and he'd hate himself for not seeming as into it for the fans.

"They said that you can sit down if needs be." Zayn informed him further, "it's shit I know, sorry haz."

Then the room was quiet, no one really knowing what to say or do.

They still had a few hours until they needed to be in the stadium. At some point during the morning, the five had arrived in Edinburgh, and now their tour bus was parked outside.

Niall swore he had already seen some fans waiting, well he heard them before he seen them.

All they could do was wait.

* * *

With the concert staring within two hours, the boys all suggested it was best to start getting ready.

Harry had spent all of the extra hours asleep on the sofa, Louis every now and then moved to rest beside him.

Now, as he pulled on some skinny jeans and a button up shirt, he groaned. The tightness of his jeans did no good for his slightly bloated stomach. He was confused really; with little to no food in his stomach — he couldn't manage anything after the crackers — he wasn't so sure why he still felt hopelessly sick and stuffy.

His arms fell heavily to his side after buttoning up the last of his buttons. He left the top few undone, and was thankful when he realised it left a slight wave of fresh, cool air hitting his body.

Just doing his shirt up seemed like a difficult task, leaving him almost breathless. He didn't even want to begin to know how he'd feel during and after the singing.

* * *

Harry sat in a chair whilst getting his hair sorted and again, gaining some colour into his cheeks. Louis was stood beside him, hand brushing over his shoulders and upper back, before clasping Harry's hand in his own.