Chapter 27: A Party Song

WARNING: There will be a little het action later on. Nothing extravagant, but this is your warning. :) 

"Are we the only people you've told?" Calum asked, eating a buffalo wing. Luke and I nodded. 

"When are you going to tell the fans? Or are you even going to tell them?" Michael asked, his green eyes bouncing between Luke and I.

"We'll probably tell them sometime, not sure when. Whenever we're completely ready, I guess. It's harder than telling you guys because, well, we're making ourselves vulnerable in front of the whole world," Luke told them.

A huge feeling of relief came over me, thanking God that Luke wasn't going to be pushing me to get all public about it right away. That's probably the last thing I wanted right now; I wasn't in the state of mind to take all the haters I would gain. That's another thing I'm fearing with this whole thing; haters. I already had so many of them that I can't even fathom how many I'm going to have once Luke and I do come out. It would be like school all over again with the name-calling and constant harrassment. Not to mention the depression that comes with it. 

"Ash? Earth to Ashton Irwin," Michael was saying through cupped hands, knocking me out of my trance. 

"Yes?" I answered. 

"Alex called and he invited us to their afterparty. You want to come?" Luke asked. 

"Uh, sure, I guess," I answered uneasily. I wasn't a huge party type of guy.

"Ashton, are you okay? If you don't want to go, you don't have to," Luke double checked, his blue eyes sparkling. 

"No, no, it's fine. I want to go," I reassured. 

----

It was about eleven-thirty when we got to where the party was and it was right after their concert, so there were All Time Low fans strewing about the streets which made it nearly impossible to get around. I hadn't really bargained on staying up really late tonight, or socializing really, so I hoped that Luke was feeling the same and would just hang around with me instead of following in Mikey and Calum's footsteps by getting drunk off their asses. 

When we got in, everyone was dancing and having a kickass time and I was certainly not in the mood to be there. I mean, I was happy I get to see Alex, Jack, Zack, and Rian, but I just was not in the partying mood. I haven't been for months. I felt like I just wanted to go into a corner and be all by myself like an anti-social person. 

"Ash, are you sure you want to be here?" Luke asked, squeezing my hand. I looked around for Michael and Calum, but they were already getting drinks. Shocker. "Because if you want to go back to the hotel, it's alright. I'll go with you."

"No, Luke. I told you I wanted to come," I lied, hoping he couldn't tell.

"Okay. Just tell me if you want to leave," he said, a small smile forming on his face. "Do you want anything to drink?" 

"Not right now. I'll get it later," I told him.

"I'm going to go get a beer and I'll be right back, okay?" he said, which I just nodded in agreeance to. 

I did as I was told and stayed right where I was, not wanting to lose Luke. I saw Michael and Calum, both of them dancing and downing their drinks. I just rolled my eyes, not surprised at their behavior. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my arm, so I turned, thinking it was Luke, but it was Rian. 

"Hey, Ash!" he greeted, excited to see me and obviously had a small buzz going. "You look like you don't wanna be here. Do you need a drink?" 

"No, Luke just told me to wait here until he got back," I told him with a small smile.