hero ||Dean||

hero

song: Bow Down by I Prevail

"I don't understand how the hell she just disappears like this!" Dean groans. The dull thumping of his skull against the table echoes through the bunker, becoming more muffled as Sam slides a stray flannel under his head.

"Dean, you know this by now. No matter how good we get at finding her, y/n will always be better at disappearing again." Sam tries lamely to reassure his frustrated brother.

"Sammy, we used to be the best hunters this damn place had. We were ganking spirits left and right, and now we spend all our time hunting down one goddamn shifter who is always somehow one goddamn step ahead of us. It's ridiculous." Dean rants halfway to himself as he pushes out of his chair and heads to the nearest bottle of whiskey.

A few years ago, Dean and Sam had been sent to hunt you. You weren't a huge fan of that and escaped, and since then it'd become a borderline comic book level of cat and mouse. No one even seemed to care about the original hunt anymore, now it was just a race around the country to satisfy Dean's need to at least say he caught you. You weren't even a harmful goddamn monster, you made a few stupid mistakes when you were younger and now you were "dangerous".

"Why are we even still hunting her, Dean? She's not actually a threat. Hell, at this point she's proven to be kind of helpful. Remember the vamp nest a couple months ago?" Dean threw the nearest book at his brother at the reminder of one of his less proud hunts.

He'd been off his game and was about five seconds away from getting himself decapitated when you had come flying into the room, covered in a mixture of vamp blood and your own. You killed the vamp about to end your favourite hunter and stood over his twitching, headless body and yelled "NO one gets to kill these fuckers but me."

It hurt Dean's pride.

"She's... she's my nemesis or whatever. I'm not gonna stop til we end this." He grumbles. Before he can pour a second drink, a loud knock echos down the hall. Sam furrows his brow and gives Dean a questioning look.

"Stay here, i'll get it." He heads to the large door and slides his gun into his waistband, hand curled around the handle. His grip loosens when he opens the door, eyes widening at the sight of you leaned against the wall.

"Y/n, what..." He trails off as he takes inventory of your appearance. Your hands clutch your side, barely containing the steady surge of blood seeping around your fingers. Your hair is matted with even more blood and your glazed eyes wander, the eyes of someone who had been drugged and hadn't quite recovered yet.

"I-I'm sorry. I didn't know where else to go." You whispered, leaning forward and collapsing into Dean's arms.

He stared down at you, trying to process the strange feeling of angry protectiveness filling his chest. He hooks a gentle arm under your knees and cradles you to his firm chest, pressing a soft kiss onto your forehead.

"It'll be okay. SAM! Get the first aid kit!"

Sup bitches. Surgery is on wednesday and i'm bored and alone at home waiting so here you go.

enjoy your cliffhanger, you're not gonna get a part two.

didn't edit