- 1 -

— - —

— - —

She sat on the couch staring at the wall, waiting. Her eyes were glazed with tears, but none of them fell. She felt numb, but her entire body burned with anger. She let him in, she fell for his act.

She fell for the fake affection.

The late night talks.

The promises and the secrets.

The times she would let out all of her emotions, and he would comfort her. It was all fake.

They warned her. They warned her not to trust him. He's quiet for a reason.

She held a rose in her hand. The clocking ticking in the background, the clicking echoing throughout the empty apartment.

He was her rose. She fell in love with the beauty. With the delicate layers of petals that open up with time. He successfully mesmerized her. Hypnotized by his act.

And little did she know, while she brought him close to her heart, his thorns dipped in poison pricked her heart. And now her heart bled and slowly died with betrayal.

He stood in the elevator, his heart pumping out of his chest. He was gonna tell her. Even if it ended the best thing to ever happen to him. He didn't want to hurt her more than he's already have.

He want to tell her all the lies.

Tell her what happened that night and why it did.

He just wanted to be with her.

He wanted to love her.

Show her that she was his everything. Escape their awful life and start a new together.

The metal doors slide open, he took a heavy step out, trying to take calming breaths. He gripped the box in his pocket, walking to the door. He reached out for the knob, hazing over the cold metal.

He stopped himself from opening the door, seeing his shaking hand. He closed his fist, as well as eyes, getting rid of his panic.

He opened his eyes, with determination in his eyes. He knew what his goal was. And it was for her to love him. All of him, after knowing everything.

He opened the door, walking in and closing it.

She looked towards the door seeing him. He stood there with a unreadable expression. She slowly stood up, the rose in her hand dropping to the ground.

As he watched her stand, all his hope vanished. All his dreams for having a fairytale ending disappeared. He gulped gently seeing anger and hurt all over her face making his heart break.

Deep down he knew it would end like this. Her love was poison. But he still drank it, knowing it would kill him in the end.

— - —