The midnight intruder

It had been several weeks after Hiccup left. The villagers didn't bothered to send a search party. Because according to them 'The effort isn't worth it for a runway treacherous runt." Everything in the village was almost like as it used to be.

The dragon training was called of for some time. It was midnight and most of the villagers were sleeping. There weren't any dragon raids for weeks. Some night guards were keeping a watch for any incoming attack. There was no indication of an attack, so they had let their guards down a bit.

But suddenly they heard an extremely familiar screech, followed by an explosion. The night guards turned their attention towards the place where the explosion happened. It was the kill ring. They could even see fire in there. The night guards rang the alarm bells to wake up and alert the sleeping villagers, although most of them were already awake because of the explosion.

The Vikings, including the teens quickly armed themselves and ran out of their houses towards the kill ring. The teens were the first to reach there. The entered the kill ring as the other villagers surrounded it. When they entered the kill ring they saw a Nightfury shooting at the door of the cages.

But it wasn't the only thing. There was a strange man standing in the middle of the kill ring. He wasn't much tall and was probably a teen. He was wearing a leather cloak, and the hood of the cloak was covering his head.

The man turned around along with the Nightfury. The teens noticed that man was wearing a grey tunic along with a weird belt. The part of his face below his eyes was covered with a scarf. He didn't had any weapons. But Astrid could notice the bright green eyes hidden under the hood. The stranger gestured the Nightfury to continue and turned to face the vikings inside the kill ring.

"Ha! Don't worry babe. I got this." Snotlout told Astrid, flexing his arms. He charged at the man with his mace and a yell. When he was close enough Snotlout swung his mace at the stranger. But the stranger bent backwards and dodged the incoming attack. Snotlout tried to hit again but the stranger caught his arm in mid way. His grip was so strong that Snotlout wasn't able to free his arm.

He looked at the man with shock and fear. Just then the stranger punched him in his face which dropped him on the ground a few feet away from him. Seeing this the twins ran towards the man with their spears.

The stranger noticed Snotlout's mace which was lying beside his feet. He picks it up with his right foot and launched it in the air and kicked it so hard that the mace went flying like a hay ball and with perfect accuracy it hit Tuffnut in his face. Tuffnut dropped on the ground but Ruffnut ran towards the stranger and lunged at him, trying to stab him with her spear.

The man stepped aside to avoid the attack. Ruffnut swung her spear like a staff to hit the stranger, but he blocked the attack with his left arm. He quickly grabbed the spear and pulled it hard. Ruffnut lost her grip on the spear and stumbled forward, but managed to stay on her feet. But the stranger hit her in her stomach with the end of the spear. The hit knocked the air out of her lungs.

She bent forward and wrapped her arms around her stomach to cope with the pain. But it turned out to be a big mistake as the stranger hit her in the head with the base of the spear, which knocked her out.

Another viking charged at him with his axe. The man threw the spear near the incoming viking's feet. The viking tripped on it and fell on the ground. Just then with a loud explosion the doors of the cages shattered and the dragons came out of their cages.

The vikings inside the kill ring immediately left with a scream. One of them cut the chain which was keeping the entrance of the kill ring open. The heavy door dropped behind them as they left. The others stayed around the kill ring, hoping that it would be enough to stop the dragons.

Inside the kill ring the stranger and the Nightfury were surrounded by the other dragons. The dragons growled at them aggressively, specially the Monsterous Nightmare. But the all went silent as the Nightfury let out a mighty roar.

The stranger walked towards the Monsterous Nightmare and slowly touched it's snout. The Nightmare hummed in a low voice, and soon relaxed under his touch. The other dragons started surround him in hopes to receive the same treatment.

The stranger left the Monsterous Nightmare and walked over to his left where A Deadly Nadder was standing beside a Gronkle. He toched the Nadder's snout with his left hand and the Gronkle's snout with his right hand. They also hummed and relaxed under his touch.

He then diverted his attention to the Hideous Zippelback. He cautiously walked towards the two headed dragon with his hands in the air. The Zippelback lowered both of it's heads and the stranger touched their snouts.

A few moments later the stranger left them and took a few steps backwards. He looked at the dragons who were now standing in front of him.  He could see the trust in their eyes. The Nightfury let out a low growl.

The stranger looked back at the Nightfury and nodded. He then mounted the Nightfury's back. The Nightfury let out a series of growls and clicks. It looked like it was communicating with the other dragons.

Then it shot upwards towards the sky with the stranger on it's back. The other dragons soon followed them. The vikings tried to shoot them down, but it was unsuccessful as the Stranger and the dragons easily avoided the projectiles they threw and escaped towards the horizon.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:- Hey guys Commander Alfa here. Hope you all are fine. So this is the second chapter of the new book I am working on right now. Hope you like it. And I will update my other book 'I am Ironfury' soon. And I wanted to say thank you to all my readers. Thank you for all the support you guys gave me.

To be honest when I first started writing I felt like no body would ever read my fanfictions. Sometimes I Even thought about quitting. Then I saw how you guys were liking my works. It inspired me to keep writing. So thank you guys.

That's all guys. Have a good day or night or whatever time of day it is at your place. Stay safe. Bye guys. Alfa out. Peace. 😉😉😉