Selecting The Appropriate Led Grow

Owning your own in house garden is a thing that is certainly fashionable at present and rightfully so. Anything you have in your garden, the windowsills will not be enough to provide it with enough lights. You need a suitable lighting kit for your indoor garden.

They are some Grow lights on the marketplace today, including High-pressure sodium grow lights (HPS), Metal halide grow lights (MH), LED Grow Lights and even Fluorescent Grow Lights. Preferring the right grow light for your needs is a tough task in itself.

The first error in judgment everyone will make, they will go out and buy the better and most expensive grow light on the market today, thinking since it cost much and has more wattage than the other has, that the will grow large flowering fruit and Although, that is not how it works as I found out the hard way.

The first thing you do before even getting a grow light, is to measure the square footage of your indoor grow space. Once you know the square footage of that space, you need to figure out exactly how many vegetables you can fit inside that area. Once you have that all worked out, it is time to start choosing the proper grow light for that place.

Except in cases where you are growing many hundreds of plants, I advise staying away from HPS and MH grow lights due to the fact they are an Power hog, and if your area is not big enough, heat will become a big problem without proper ventilation.

You need to get a good balance between the amount of light generated and the amount of scorching heat being generated. You want to grow your plants, not toast them. Fluorescent bulbs, for example, are great choice for sprouting plants because they produce a very little amount of heat. You can get Fluorescent bulbs very close to the plant itself without burning them.

Fluorescent bulbs are great for the plant stage and all, but you are going to need a bit more through the true vegetative and blossoming stages. I would recommend using LED Grow lights over a HPS/MH system. Not only do they produce much less heat than a HPS/MH system, they also are very, very easy on your power bill.

There is almost no servicing involved, except the rare dusting when it comes to LED Grow Lights. With an HPS/MH system, every six months you must change the bulb and that is high priced, at times running from $15 to $27 each time you change your bulb. With a led grow light, it will last 50,000 (yes fifty thousand) hours or more, THAT IS SIX YEARS!

The only downside is when the leds start going out; you cannot change them and have to buy a new Led Grow Light Kit. Nonetheless, with the money, you have been able to save from growing your own food year round, and the saved on new bulbs, this is not a big deal!

When finding LED Grow lights, you want to pay attention to the Operating Voltage, Total Power Consumption, Plant coverage and Color Spectrum. If you have a 10' x 10' grow area (area where the plants sit, not just the whole room), you will need to buy 3 or 4 units that covers 4' x 4' or higher area.

If you are new to in house garden, and looking to get your feet soaked without blowing the bank, I would propose starting out to go with [http://ledgrowlightkits.com/product/black-dog-platinum-xl-750w-led-grow-light-universal-series/ LED Grow Lights]. Just make sure to only just place the greenery inside the rated coverage area for that led grow. You can always buy more at a later time to enhance your coverage area.

Also, go look at [http://ledgrowlightkits.com/product/california-light-works-solar-storm-880w-led-grow-light-uvb-free-method-seven-led-glasses/ LED Grow Lights]