Chapter 4 Sick

My head throbbed with a thundering pain as I slowly blinked myself to consciousness. The smell of hospital hit me so fast I almost vomited.

I squinted my eyes, adjusting them to the blinding light and sat up, scratching my hair.

I swallowed uneasily as I swung my legs to the side of my sickening bed and stood up. My head spun about four 360's before I collapsed backwards onto the bed.

'Gosh,' I thought, 'why do I feel so dizzy? And.....sick?'

I attempted to sit up again, but ended up collapsing onto the extremely fluffy pillow.

"But I never get sick. Why am I sick now?" I muttered, a hint of annoyance in my voice.

A small knock made me jump, and my heart immediately began to beat fifty times a second.

"Oh my gosh AKARIIIIIIIIIII!!!!" An excited head popped around the corner. "I MISSED YOU SOOOOOO MUCH!!!" Tori had stormed in and instantly hugged me as tightly as she could.

"A-ai-ir-airr!" I muffled, my face blood red.

"You were out for two days!" Tori exclaimed, ignoring my need for air and still squeezing me.

"What happened?" Tori questioned, eyeing me all over.

I couldn't answer her because my mouth was squished together by the tightness of her hold around me.

"Uh e o ppp lk." I squeezed out.

"What? I can't hear you."

"EE OOO PP DD SHHH LLLLLLL!!!!" I looked helplessly at her, as she still showed no concern about how close and how tight she was grasping me.

"Oh well, best you get some sleep then." she got up and let go, automatically, pushing me back down to the bed and wrapped the blanket up to my chin. Tori speed walked out, turned the light off and gently shut the door.

I sighed deeply and melted into the bed, sliding my head under the blanket so nothing but a few strands of hair was visible.

A few minutes passed and I was half dozed off when someone had creaked opened the door and tiptoed in. I ignored them and pretended I was asleep. My head was throbbing like hell.

The chair beside me, slumped down as someone's body weight collided with it. I heard them breathe softly before a thonk landed on the table next to me.

The person got up and I pulled down my blanket slightly, catching a glimpse of black hair before it was all silent again.

I relaxed the tension that my body was holding and carefully sat up. On the table next to me was my phone and a small note with a lolly next to it.

My eyes lit up and I grabbed the lolly, undoing the wrapper and popping it into my mouth. I realised this wasn't a normal lolly and in fact it was a soothing one. My throat and my head cleared a little and I smiled. I was going to thank the person later.

But I didn't know who it was. The note shifted from the little wind in the room and my eyes caught the word, Neji.

I frowned and picked it up, wiggling my lolly in my mouth.

Akari

Here's your phone you dropped and a soothing lolly to help lessen the pain.

~Neji

My cheeks heated up and I curled back into bed. How was I suppose to say thank you to him?

I rolled to the side and grunted.

Tomorrow, I'll go thank him, somehow.

To be continued...