The Third Contact

As I woke up the next day, I quickly got ready to meet up with Sol, even though its still early in the morning. Although we didn't talk about anything about meeting up yesterday, I decided to just expect that he would be there waiting for me.

I took a peek downstairs if my family was eating breakfast, surprisingly enough, they weren't. It was Saturday so I know that my sister doesn't have school today so I went to my sister's room and knocked at her door which she opened promptly, her eyes were swollen and red, she pulled me into her room and shut her door. Before I could even say anything, she quickly hugged me and sobbed into my clothes.

"You can't stay here any longer, you have to run away with him," she told me in a panicked voice, her breath was hitching and she was sweating all over.

I pulled away from her and held her hands, trying my best to calm her down. "Why? What happened while I was gone?"

"I heard someone talking with our parents yesterday. The man told mom and dad that his son was kissing you and that he wanted nothing to do with you. He told mom and dad that either they sent you away or he'll report the things that they do to you." She explained while sobbing.

My heart suddenly dropped.

"But how did he know that mom and dad did things to me? I only told that to Sol, unless..." I couldn't hold back my tears, I covered my mouth and fell to the ground, my sister hugging me again.

"I heard him say that you were meeting up for a while now, he first saw you two months ago, you were limping by then and he heard you tell your story." She held up my chin and lend me a smile. "I know that you're better off with him, Sol you said? You should leave now, I saw how you would come home and try to hide your smile but this is the only time that I've seen you this happy. Pursue your dreams with him, please save yourself." She was still sobbing but I can see that she was trying to be strong, for me.
I can't help but think how mature she is for her age, to be awaken with reality and not be taunted by our parents' expectation of her.

"But what about you?" I asked her, she simply waved it off with her mischievous smile. "Its time for me to come out clean to them that I'm not the perfect daughter they wanted just so they can keep their marriage intact. Besides, I have a secret of my own." She winked at me before pushing me out the door, I gave her one last hug before I went to my room and got out my old bag and started stuffing my clothes in it. I didn't bother getting my book, all I cared about was getting out of this hellhole for good.

When I was done, I saw that it was almost noon. I put the bag over my shoulder and carefully checked if anyone was outside my room, thankfully enough, no one was there. I ran out of the house and went to our tree in the fields.

When I go there, I didn't see him which made my heart beat faster. I decided to wait for a bit, thinking that he may just be getting ready.

After an hour or so has passed, I started getting anxious of the thought that he went back to London already. I sighed and almost thought of coming home when I suddenly heard a voice behind me.

"Now where do you think you're going, little rascal?" I already knew the tone of that menacing voice. I quickly ran forward and turned around to face her. My mom seemed to have planned this out since she has an axe ready with her.

"Look, we don't need to be messy 
with this, let's just go home and eat lunch and forget that this here situation ever happened, that alright with you honey?" She seemed like she was out of her mind, her regular bun was all messed up and her eyes were still swollen red. What disturbed me the most was her smile. A smile that I knew ages ago, now twisted out of shame and fear.

"No." And with that, I ran as fast as I could, I could hear her trailing behind me but she had her axe weighing her down. The only problem was I didn't know where to go.