08 - The truths of the meadow

Valia's POV

I woke up the next morning bright and early. The feeling of my sheets tangled around my body was certainly a pleasing one. Wait... bedsheets? I jolted just to realise I was in my bedroom all by myself, Jasper must have brought me here after I had felt asleep in his car. I went to Bella's bedroom trying to be as quite as possible but as soon as I opened the door she woke up.

"How did you sleep sis?" I asked.

"I mean there are so many things going on... Whatever killed that man in Mason County killed Waylon near here... Dad, obviously, didn't take it well so he is gonna have us in a tighter lock, which is far from ideal" my eyes widened in surprise. "Also..." she sighed "I was with Edward yesterday, you were with Jasper weren't you?" I nodded slowing as I sat at the edge of her bed "what did he told you?"

"Well he found me as a group of guys were closing on me" she tensed "and then we had a moment to ourselves... he said he senses emotions on a different level? Listen I don't really know what that means but it does explain things at bit. I-I just..." I left the sentence unfinished as so were my thoughts.

"Edward told me he is able to listen thoughts. That's how he found yesterday in danger as well" I locked her eyes in mine.

"That's more than intuitions or picking up on behavioural traits, what is going on?" I said a bit panicked.

"I don't know either, but he said I was inmune to his mindreading so I may have a chance to scape if something goes south" Bella said.

"Wait! What did you just say?" I shouted.

"I said he can't-"

"I'm also inmune to Jasper's power or whatever the hell they are" I said quickly as her eyes widened.

"Maybe as we are sisters... I don't even know... Well we will have to figure this soon, but I made some investigation and this is weirder than I could have ever imagined. I think that they are vampires, Valentina" I mouthed a felt 'maybe' and left her to get dressed and have a moment to herself. I also needed I few moments to process it all so I went downstairs and made us breakfast. The entire eating and driving process was done in an freakishly mute silence, but I believe neither of us could articulate anything coherent. When pulling into the highschool parking lot, the mentioned paired of Cullens were already out of their cars and waiting. For us?

"I think it's time for the truth" I whsipered to my sister. We got out of the car and made our way to the brothers. Bella proceeded to storm out into the woods Edward following a few steps behind. And Jasper motioned me to get into the Jeep, I do as he says and he drove us out of school and into some random road into the middle of the forest.

"What are we doing here?" I said.

"I wanted some privacy and I believe highschool is not the most private place" before I could respond he got out of the car and in less than a second he was opening the co-pilot door. I mouthed a 'thanks' and he took my hand leading me into a meadow of colorful flowers. The grass reached the top of my legs and it felt like nature herself was tickling my skin.

"Jasper what is going on?" I asked.

"That's a really complicated question, what do you think about it?" he responeded back.

"I think this is nuts. I've never been more confused in my life" I shighed defeated. "You have cold skin, you never eat, you have incredible speed, you can read emotions and you brother also has mindreading powers, also I've never seen you in the sun..." he lookes into my eyes his face never changing as I spoke. "That leaves little room to explanation"

"Then, what am I Valentina?" he said as he took my face into his hands and pulled me closer to him.

"You're-you're a vampire" and for the first time I saw his orbs to change from golden to black before my eyes.