Chapter 23: Purpled

Purpled sat up, groaning. What little sleep he had gotten was full of dark memories and nightmares. It had seemed as though he had to relive each terrible experience he had ever been through in Hypixel, with a couple gruesome sights that had only been conjured up from the depths of his mind.

He looked around the room. The other two were still asleep.

He turned on his phone. No new messages. He put on his headset, connecting his phone. He started his playlist.

He stared out the window. The lights were on in the building across the street. One light seemed to be blinking.

He walked closer. One light was definitely blinking. The light stopped blinking, turning red. He paused his music, taking off his headset. He used the camera on his phone to zoom in on the room.

There were two people inside. The light changed back to white, dimming.

As Purpled watched, one of the people changed form. Purpled stepped back. What the hell?

The person was no longer human. It seemed to be some sort of lizard, standing on it's hind legs, tail lashing out behind it. The other person was backing away. The lizard thing's tail hit the wall beside it, causing some of the other lights to change color or start blinking.

The lizard lunged at the human. Purpled stopped watching, shoving his phone in his pocket.

He scribbled out a quick note for the Grover and Nico.

Across the street, be back soon.
                                                -Purpled

He made sure he had his room key, then left the hotel room, running towards the elevator. He stepped inside.

He took a deep breath, composing himself. He didn't want to seem suspicious to anyone on the main floor.

The elevator dinged. He stepped outside.

"Have a nice day!" someone from the front desk called to him as he walked past.

"You too!" he said as he left the hotel.

He crossed the street quickly, entering the building opposite. It seemed to be some sort of office building.

"Can I help you?" the person at the front desk asked, raising his eyebrows at the teenager in front of him.

Purpled opened his menu, changing his skin to the purple suit.

The man's eyes widened. "What-"

"I have a meeting on the seventh floor." Purpled said, stepping towards the elevators.

"H-How did you..." the man stuttered, reaching for his radio.

"What?" Purpled smirked.

"You..." the man trailed off.

"Hey, don't worry about it. Everyone has hallucinations sometimes."

The man's face got bright red. "I-"

"We can talk after the meeting. I can't afford to be late." Purpled entered the elevator, clicking the button for the seventh floor.

He changed his skin back to the purple hoodie.

The elevator doors opened, and Purpled stepped out, looking around. The lizard was no where to be seen.

Then he heard the scream.

A quick, short scream that ended almost as soon as it had started. But it gave Purpled an idea of where he was going.

He ran in the direction of the scream.

Two people were in the room with the lizard. One person, a man, was on the floor, bloody and unconscious. The other was a brown-and-white-haired woman.

Purpled drew his sword. The lizard turned.

It was a lot bigger than Purpled had first thought. It was completely black, with a long tail that could break bones. It's eyes were pure white, and they seemed to be glowing.

Purpled swung his sword. The lizard roared, black blood flowing out of the cut Purpled had gave him.

Purpled walked closer. He raised the sword, ready to strike.

The lizard lashed out with it's foot, catching Purpled off guard. He fell, raising his sword for the blow that would inevitably come.

But the inevitable blow never came. A choking sound came from the lizard as it fell to the side. 

Purpled looked up.

The woman was standing over him, pulling a sword out of the body of the lizard.

Purpled looked closer, realizing how familiar she looked. He hadn't noticed it before because he was too focused on the lizard.

"Captain Puffy?"