Chapter 16 - This will be our secret

"You are a torrential downpour of all my forbidden longings."

************

Nikolas's POV

"Where are you going?" Ronald asked, coming into my way and stopping me.

My eyebrow raised at his audacity, "Did you hit your head or something?" I asked, trying to shake him back to himself, "Did you forget who I am?"

He shook his head, totally not bothered, "If you want me to trust you on my mother's case, then you need to include me in everything."

I scoffed, "Trust me?" Oh, he wants to die alright.

I took a threatening step forward, "I am the one who can't trust you now," I grated out, clenching my jaw, "So stick to your limit or I will have to change my mind and actually kill you."

Be it her brother or not, I don't care. I hate it when someone gets in my way, and he is interfering in my shit right now. I don't like it.

My shoulder harshly brushed his as I moved past him, almost knocking him down but being the little bitch he is, he didn't get the least threatened and instead, walked by my side and followed me to my destination.

I rolled my eyes and resisted the urge to slam the gun against his head and knock him down temporarily, "If you don't quit this, I will do something you won't like," I warned him, ever so seriously, as I made my way toward the room I just found out Julia is staying in.

He didn't react to my words one bit and kept walking. I let out an annoyed breath; where the hell does he get the confidence? Does he really think that I won't just shoot him?

I paused by the room's door and knocked, trying to ignore Ronald for the moment. Footsteps got near before she opened the room's door. Her eyes fell on me and she let out a low sigh, totally not satisfied, "You really didn't waste a second, did you?"

I shook my head. The moment I saw Mia in my room, I knew Julia must be here as well. So, no need to waste any time when I can finally get the information I need.

She looked right and left of the hallway, checking for unwanted eyes and ears, something she must've learned to always do after living with the likes of Joseph. She took a step backward, an invitation for me to get in, and Ronald, being the persistent shit he is, followed me.

She closed the door behind us, her wary gaze drifting to Ronald before she looked at me, "You trust him?" She asked, suspiciously, and totally unaware of who he is.

I couldn't fight the smile that crawled up my lips. Ronald's eyes were on me, he shook his head, asking me to shut up. I only looked at her and nodded, "He is your nephew."

"What the fuck is the matter with you?" Ronald hissed, taking a bewildered step forward at how simply I exposed his real identity.

My eyebrow raised, "I warned you."

Julia's eyes widened and she turned to him, her gaze on his face, taking into his features and she brought a hand to her mouth, "Ro...Ronald? Is that you?" She said, hesitantly before she took a step closer to him, trying to make sense of him and his presence.

He took a step backward, "Look lady, I don't know you, and you don't know me, no need to make this a reunion," He said, being brutally honest.

"Oh my god, last time I saw you, you were barely five years old," She said, tears gathering in her eyes at the memory, "You and your sister," She sucked into a deep breath, "Natalie, Where is she? Is she okay?"