Chapter 8: Panic

Caitlyn POV

So it's been a few days since I've been cast. Currently, it's the third day of rehearsals, I wasn't called for the number yesterday, and I'm feeling a big case of imposter syndrome.  What if I can't do this? What if people hate me and realize that I should be recast?

I feel like I'm running out of air. I can't breathe and I start to cry. Luckily I'm away from everyone. It would be so embarrassing if anyone besides Maya sees me like this. I know it seems stupid and I should be grateful to be here. But what if I'm not good enough?

I start to shake and I can't stop. I try to calm down but I can't.

Ryan's POV

"Ryan, can you get Caitlyn to go over your choreography?"
"Sure"

I head over to the hallway and see her there shaking and hyperventilating. I immediately rush over to her.
"Hey. It's okay. I'm right here. Come here." I hold my arms open and she comes over crying. "Shhh. Everything is gonna be okay."  I rub her back and stroke her hair until I feel her breathing return to normal.

Caitlyn POV

"What happened?"
"I have panic attacks sometimes. It's caused by a lot of things. This time it's imposter syndrome. I don't know if I'm even good enough for this. What if my parents were right?" I start to cry. He hugs me and rubs my back.

"You wouldn't be here right now if you weren't good enough. You're amazing, and your parents opinions don't matter. I think you're amazing, so does the rest of the cast, and Kenny does too."

Hearing that was a breath of fresh air. I wipe away my tears. "Thank you for helping me through that."
"Anytime" he helps me up. "Now let's go. We're needed."

I think I'm falling in love.