Chapter 1: A Sudden Development

Trigger warning: talk of suicide, starvation, and similar concepts

It was a warm day in a town by the name of Karakura. A young man slowly awakens to the white noise of his alarm clock and he stretches as he awakens. Getting up, he approaches his closet and slides its doors open. He collects his clothing and changes from his baggy loungewear into a school uniform. He glances in the mirror for a moment...

 When he feels a migraine forcefully pierce his head

When he feels a migraine forcefully pierce his head. "!- ugh... dammit... dont tell me..." he began muttering to himself, counting back from 15, and as he reaches 1, a girl who looked a few years younger than him barged through his door.

" he began muttering to himself, counting back from 15, and as he reaches 1, a girl who looked a few years younger than him barged through his door

"Kutsuki! We've got another one!" She exclaims nervously.

The young man groans and grabs his head before yelling at her "god DAMMIT Akiko! I know! You KNOW i know! I always get a headache when this happens!" He retaliated, yet still refusing to lay hands on her. He groaned and walked out of his room down to the kitchen. At the window was where he saw what he had been warned of...

"Heeeeeeey! Kutsukiiii! I Left my key on the dresser! Can you get it for me?" An older man who appeared to be in his early thirties called to him. From the window on the opposite side of the room.

"Fine, fine; but you know that if dad finds out you forgot your keys again hes gonna take away your keys at some point, Akihiko." He groaned, avoiding making eye contact with the source of the glare hed felt on himself since he awoke. He walked up to the room of his dad to get the keys for his dad's boyfriend. His dad had left for work a few hours earlier, he has the day shift at the hospital and he needed to wake up much earlier. He grabbed his Dad's boyfriend's keys. He returned to the kitchen and threw the keys out the window to his father in law and started out the door after a short meal, again, attempting to avoid the glare of a large presence Akiko and he had felt since this morning.

In his school uniform, with his backpack slung over his shoulder, he started walking along the sidewalk, doing his best not to make eye contact with the beast stalking him not too far behind. After a moment, he began walking faster as he felt the gaze get closer and closer. Soon, he was in an all out sprint for the school, the creature chasing him leaving footprints in the concrete sidewalk that looked like they were made by an obese frog.