01.

It's ridiculous, really, how even in a room full of people, Harry feels alone. These people are here, for him - members of his family that have travelled hours to see him, friends from his childhood to congratulate him. He should be pleased, over the moon and ecstatic with happiness, but he just can't. He's got so used to his own company, from being isolated from the world that he doesn't know how to handle this all. He wants to go back home, wants to take a nice, warm shower and go to bed. But his mother has thrown this bloody ridiculous return party, separate from the one he had with the press and his family when he finished his trip in St Maarten and the mere thought of human interaction makes his toes curl in his shoes.

There are aunts that he hasn't seen in a few years, toddlers and babies he's being introduced to that have no idea who he is, or what he's done. Old school friends and people around the village are all here to welcome him home, safe and sound. There's even press - local photographers and journalists who want to be the first to hear about his story, about the 16 year old boy who's just spent a year and a half on his own sailing 27,000 miles around the globe. And it's not that Harry isn't grateful, because he truly is - it's just that he needs some time to settle and to get used to it all again.

He's being polite through it all though, answering questions and accepting hugs from people whose names he can't remember, because that's the kind of person he is, the kind of man he was raised to be. And, well, he's not exactly a man yet, but he's very aware that he's above average. Okay, he's just sailed the world - he's obviously way above average, but he's not going to brag anytime soon. He's humble, like what his dad told him to be. It's how he managed to persuade authorities that he was cut out for it in the first place. Because he was - he was ready when he was thirteen, back when the officials laughed in his face and told him and his family that they were crazy. But it never stopped him.

He's distracted momentarily listening tiredly to some beer-bellied gentleman in posh clothes drone on about his youthful dreams on sailing when a lanky guy covered in tattoos come stumbling over, camera in hand and led by a bland looking fella in a suit. He pardons himself to the gentleman he was talking to and turns to the pair with a mustered up smile.

"Evening, Mr. Styles." Suit guy grins, holding out his hand for Harry to shake, which he does. "Would you mind if we film you a bit, ask a few questions?" He asks, patient for Harry's response. Harry smiles and nods, like the champ he is, and Suit guy beams before he twirls back around to the lanky dude. "Zayn, you heard him, set up!"

The lanky guy - Zayn - rolls his eyes. Harry notices, and it makes him smile. Suit guy fusses about until he's next to Harry and he's even got a microphone, which feels a bit surreal. Harry feels out of place, especially when Zayn nods and the guy starts talking to the camera.

"You may remember this news story from three years ago: a 13-year-old British boy, Harry Styles, wanted to sail around the world on his own. His family has a deep connection with boats - Harry was even born on a boat - but the British government intervened and attempted to block him from going. He prevailed and set out, 15 by then, for what would become year and a half trip that would take him around the globe and beyond."

Harry can't help but zone out whilst the guy is talking about his life, scoping across the room in the hopes of some form of distraction. He notices his Dad keeping out of focus, standing at the side of the room on his phone. He knows that his father isn't good at conversation and doesn't like the attention. It's why he himself began sailing at a young age, enjoyed going round the coasts and bathing in the peace that would surround him. It was his father's passion turned into his own - after he was born and his parents divorced, they would spend weekends just sailing and sailing around until Harry had to go back to his mother or the weather became unsafe. It was where Harry's father poured out his heart to him, told him the stories of the scars that tattooed his skin and the bruises that smothered his heart. He spoke words that no one else had heard - because Harry soon became the most important thing in his life. And after his father lost his job and had to sell his boat, Guppy, Harry soon became the only thing he felt he had to live for.