Moon Eyes {2}

♡♡♡

♡♡♡

"Yeah, yeah I understand. Thank you." You click the red button and slam your phone on the table, not caring when you hear it absolutely shatter.

Tears build up in your eyes until you can see them in your vision, making everything blurry. But you don't blink, you hold them in and chew on your lower lip, staring lazily at the wall.

There is no God. If there was-
...
Why me?

It doesn't make much sense to you. Why did it have to pick you. Out of the seven billion people living on this planet— why you.

Nothing in your life was done to deserve this. All you wanted to do was keep playing volleyball. Sure you weren't the best... you didn't even make the girls team... but that doesn't mean you didn't enjoy playing with your friends.

As you think about just how much you miss playing, motivation starts pumping in your brain and the tears fade away. Your feet stand up and you run to the garage, grabbing an old volleyball before skipping out of the house and headed to a familiar field.

This is a field where you used to play volleyball with Kuroo and Kenma almost every day... only because Kuroo forced both of you to.

But even though you hated it back then, you adore it now. It's what started your love for the sport.

You approach the empty field and come to a walk, huffing through gasps and breaths while positioning the ball between your arm and hip.

Right now the boys should still be at school, or at least getting out. And usually you would be waiting for them, but you're determined to do this.

After you've caught your breath.

"J-jeez." The gasping for air only gets heavier so you drop to your knees, steadying yourself with the volleyball on the ground. It's kind of easy to forget just how often you lose your breath.

It takes almost a whole five minutes to steady your breathing. And when you do, you stand right up and act like nothing happened, getting ready to serve it.