Intro

For new parents, the world is full of horror.

There are the things everyone expects - the grotesque level of reality distorting sleeplessness; the persistent, neurotic worry about your newborn; the fear that the new addition to the family might change your dynamic with your partner in unforeseen and unhappy ways; the physical trauma of birth.

But then, there are the monsters that prey on the distracted, the exhausted, the unhappy. The ones just waiting for a new parents to fall, unwittingly, into the shadows.

There's the monstrous baby who wants to trade places with your precious newborn, the evil, lactation consultant with a cruel agenda, the wife who, under pressure to lose her baby weight develops a disturbing new hobby, the delightful baby who transforms into something utterly terrifying.

Welcome to the world of postpartum nightmares. A world connected through ancient monsters and an overlapping group of friends and partners just trying to make it through the first year with their sanity, souls, babies and bodies intact.

This collection is for anyone who likes to mix terror with humor and fantasy, desire and dread. But it is especially well suited for new parents who want to feel a little less alone in the long, dark sleepless night...

** This is a work in progress! Leave lots of comments and feedback (if you want) or just enjoy the ride***