Chapter Thirty

I woke up and looked around. I was in a cell if some kind. It was very hard for me to see and the ground was wet. Someone started to walk towards my cell. I was chained to the wall and I knew that soon I would meet my kidnapper.

"Who's there?" I called out.

"My name is Sawyer." A boy answered. He came up to the wall of my cell. "My master has captured you and ordered me to come down here to give you food." He opened the cell and put good down in front of me.

"Who is your master?" I questioned.

"I'm not allowed to say." He replied and kept his eyes down. "Here." He undid one of the chains that bound my wrist. He got up to leave he walked out and closed the cell.

"Please, let me go." I called after him, and he just kept walking. I looked down at the bread and water I had been given. Tears started to fill up in my eyes and I looked down at my engagement ring. The tears flowed down my face as I sobbed into my hand. "Eric." I whispered.

---------------Eric's POV----------------
/Back at the ball./

It had been a long time since Kayla had gone outside. I had started to grow worried. I saw Kayla's brother he was getting something to drink. I made my towards him and he was flirting with one of the waitresses.

"Kaleb, have you seen Kayla?" I asked and he looked at me weird.

"What do you mean where's Kayla? She was with you last time I had seen her." He stated and looked around.

"She had stepped outside to get some fresh air and she hasn't come back." I replied and looked around frantically.

"Calm down she is probably still outside." Kaleb stated and I nodded.

"I'm going to go check on her." I answered and headed to the direction of the back lawn. I walked out and Kayla was no where to be seen. I walked over to the bushes and saw a little but of blood. I dipped my fingers in it and smelled it. I automatically knew it was Kayla's. I ran into the ball room and ran to my friends. "Kayla had been kidnapped!" I yelled and they stared at me. The whole room got quiet and Kayla's parents rushed over to us.

"What are you going on about?" Her mother asked me.

"Kayla, she has been kidnapped!" I shouted and her parents eyes flooded with fear.

"You have to find her." Her father ordered me.

"Wait, aren't you two going to help?" Willow asked.

"No, she is Eric's mate he is the only one that can save her." Her mother stated. I stared at them astonished.

"She is your daughter! You act like you don't care thats she's missing." I yelled. Her fathers eyes grew dark and a smirk grew on his face.

"I don't, she is only needed to take over the throne so me and my wife could rest." Her father said. His wife looked at him astonished. She pulled away from him.

"How dare you? I care, I just can't go after her, I'm pregnant." She explained and she glared at Kayla's father. "You and I are through. That girl is our daughter and you are being a total jerk. Please save my daughter bring her home safe, but don't bring her here. I won't put her through having all the worries of being a queen."

"Okay, I will find her." I stated. I started to walk and my friends followed me out. We got into our cars and drove off. We got home and immediately got to planning on finding my mate.

-----------Back to Kayla's POV--------
"Please let me out!" I yelled at people that walked by. The boy from earlier came back. He put a tray of food in front of me and kept his eyes down.

"Kayla you need to eat." He stated and I looked at him tears stained my face.

"Sawyer, I want to go home to my mate. We just got engaged yesterday." I pleaded and Sawyer shook his head.

"Please eat." He begged and walked away. I heard other girls crying and begging to be let out. I put my head against the wall and immediately winced. I put my hand on a sore spot and could feel dried up blood caked in my hair. I heard someone coming and looked up. It was Sawyer, he looked down. "Master said I could let you out if you promise to behave." I nodded and he unlocked my other chain. He gestured for me to follow him. I got up and slowly walked out of the cell. I looked around and was led up to a sitting room. A maid in a black and white dress rushed over to me. She pulled me to a chair and examined my head.

"Sawyer! There is blood in her hair, how hard did master hit her?" She asked and gushed over my wound. He shrugged his shoulders while she pinched the bridge of her nose. "Ugh, well Kayla my name is Maya. I need to get you cleaned up. Follow me." She stated and pulled me to a bathroom. She pushed some clothes in my hands. "Get ready, I will be right out in the room if you need me."

I got in the shower and winced again. I shampooed and conditioned my hair. I got out and dried off. I got dressed and walked out. I kept my eyes down and Maya got up.

"Okay I'm ready to go home now." I stated and I heard someone laugh from behind me. I turned around to see a boy and he walked over to me. Maya got scared and backed away. The boy touched my hair and I slapped his hand off of me. "Don't touch me." He raised his hand back and slapped me. I fell down and held my cheek.

"My name is Trevor. You're not mine don't worry. Your master is someone you know and is also very protective of you." He stated. I cried as he spit on me and left the room. Maya rushed over to me and wiped the spit off of me. I sat there and sobbed. I wanted to go home and I wanted my Eric.