Chapter 2

[Y/n Pov]

He had dark hair, the color of the infinite night sky, hair that tumbled past his forehead and framed his long face with its neat strands. It simply shone under the pale light of the sunset. His eyes were long and slender, and red. A deep dark red that seemed to undulate like a liquid. Like blood. He was pale in complexion and had a long perfect nose that matched his features divinely. He had lashes to rival mine, long and dark, petal like things that imitated delicacy. His lips were full, and of the bare minimum I saw of his teeth, were white and pristine. With a jawline that could cut diamonds. I paled in his beauty, shunned by its glory and utter perfection.

I watched his eyes narrow as they gazed upon me, a subtle anger I've seen in many of my patients, present in his stare. It was wholly intimidating coming from one of such extraordinary beauty. It was like an accusation.

Why had I called him Sebastian? I had just met this charming butler; how could I know his name. Must be delirium, I reasoned with myself, as I remember my dear cousin Ciel owning a jack Russell terrier with the same name. its quite a shame that he died. All the memories of the Phantomhive's came rushing back along with the mention of this obscure name.

I stilled into the butler's tight hold trying not to cry out in pain. I hugged him close, gripping his jacket tightly, a ward for the pain. Why was this happening? I am a doctor, I should be fine, I should tolerate something as trivial as this! I chastised myself. The butler did not move, but remained as still as stone, allowing me to grip unto his back like a lifeline.

It felt like a lifetime before he spoke.

"And who might you be, my lady?" he asked, in somewhat forced way, his arms tightening around my upper back.

I stiffened a little, his voice shocking me with a strange familiarity. He had a classy London lilt to his tone, lifting it in weathered accent. But it was like velvet, cloaking by body with undeniable attraction. How very demonic.

"I...I am Lady Y/n, L/n." I stutter, having only recently regained the power of speech.

"I am a distant cousin of Ciel's."

As soon as I had said that low footsteps began to echo in the hall behind us. It was not heavy enough to be that of an adult, nor too light to be that of a small child.

"Sebastian what are you-" said the approaching voice, shocking me with the mention of the mysterious butler's name.

I was right? Sebastian was his name.

"Oh, nothing my Young Lord, just a nuisance." He called out in a deadpan voice.

That stung a bit.

"Quit stalling. What are you hiding?" Said the voice of the boy, finally stepping into the warm light of the sunset.

Tears filled my eyes as I laid eyes on my little cousin. He looked so grown up, so different that the last time I saw him. A child. A child without a care in the world. With wonder in his eyes. But all I saw now was cold determination. And frustration of a child forced to grow up so fast. His navy-blue hair was the same, if not a bit darker. His eyes had lost their previous life, one covered by a sanctimonious eyepatch for whatever reason. And for some reason he looked frailer, more brittle. It broke my heart right there and then.

"Cousin Y/n?" he said suddenly, his eyes widening as he took me in, my (h/c) hair and all.

For what seemed like an eternity, his eyes finally lit up, reanimating with buzzing memories of his childhood. I almost saw him crack a soft smile.

"But how are you here?" he asked, frowning suddenly, taking a step back.

"You simply disappeared."