01.

༉‧₊˚✧ ✿

The year was 1980, beginning of a new decade and things were definitely evolving

It was the beginning of the year for High School, and it was a fresh start.

Emory Lacy, there's a lot to be said about her. She's the most popular girl at William McKinley High School.
She was head cheerleader last year, she also wants to be Class president and Emory wasn't going to let anything screw up this school year.

"Are you going to just stare at the school or go in babe?" A familiar voice pulled her back into reality, "Excuse me what?" She said blinking away from the school and stared at the boy next to her.

They both were sitting in his crimson ford convertible, she was casually seated in the passengers seat twirling a strand of her hair.

"Well I said that I hope you have a fantastic day and I'll pick you up after school." Maddox spoke with a loving smile that spread across his face, "Oh yeah thanks, you too." Emory responded with a nervous laugh.
"You are welcome, and thank you girlfriend."

Girlfriend.
Emory and Maddox have known each other for about five months now, they met at a party.

The two started off as friends, and he was known to be one of those guys who would just fool around with anybody.
He didn't like commitment, but when their relationship was blossoming he knew that he did want to start an actual relationship with her. Emory was popular, and every guy has tried asking her out but she would always reject them.

That was until she met Maddox, he was the type of boy who would bring her flowers or heart shaped chocolates.
He was polite and gentle, but he was also cocky and always was surrounded with drama.
Maddox didn't go to the same school. He went to the rival school, which was Lincoln High.

"Girlfriend... I'm still going to have to get used to you calling me that." Emory admitted, her lips curved into a smile.
"Well you better get used to it soon because you are now mine, and I'm going to be the best boyfriend ever. It would be even better if you went to Lincoln High instead of this freakshow of a school." Maddox smirked setting his hands down off of the wheel, he glanced at her and she sighed knowingly.

"I know how you hate this school, and how you hate me going here but I have friends that go here and I would hate to leave them." Emory said and then taking a deep breath as her eyes went to him again.

"I promise one day we will be able to go to the same college, but this is just high school and if it's really that big of deal maybe you should come here and be a student instead." She spoke giving him a sassy smile.
"Oh hey- I have my friends at Lincoln too I can't just leave them." He retorted staring at her, "Not so easy, is it?" Emory smirked and he rolled his eyes at her playfully.

"Oh I'm so gonna dump you already." He said in a joking tone, and that made her laugh even more. "Not if I break up with you first Handsome." She teased and then he leaned over to kiss her passionately.