Chapter 3: Homecoming Week

Homecoming week: this past week was homecoming week and I loved it cause I got to dress up. I have really good fashion sense; I am a classy gentleman and I only wear Nike and hats. My fashion would be even better if this dumass school would let me dress how I want to.

My outfit everyday was better than everyone else's and I made sure they knew that. Country day was infuriating because people kept telling me my shirt wasn't country even though it obviously was.

As I walked in to first period,I felt the stares of my inferior peers. I just knew they were all admiring my country outfit. Then the most amazing thing happened, my true love, my one and only, came up to me.

"Why are you wearing such a formal shirt and khakis on country day?" she said with a hint of fake disgust. I knew she was actually just playing hard to get, like she had been for the past year.

"It's like a cowboy shirt!!" I responded.

"Whatever you say," she said with a suppressed smile. I was so happy that the comments about my shirt not being country enough were all forgotten.

The next day tho it started again. People told me constantly that it was IT day not nerd day. The rest of the week carried on like this except my true love wasn't there to compliment my great sense of fashion.

I don't care what people say because as I'm sure I've mentioned before,I am the main character of this story. That doesn't mean that it doesn't still make me angry. This kind of discrimination is exactly what's wrong with the public school system, and this week has helped me realize what the end of my story will look like. I will stop these injustices so that none of the future high school boys with have to struggle like this.  So I guess you could say I had a pretty good week.