wolfy grandfather

I put my hands up "I didn't say that"

Klaus sighs "Just one-- is there a way to cure Elijah without having to listen to the pointless rambling of a dead man?"

"I'm afraid the price of my expertise is conversation" Ansel pats Klaus shoulder and slips off

"You know, I used to tell myself that my real father must have had no idea I existed. Otherwise, he'd never leave me to suffer under Mikael"

"Esther forbade from seeing you. So, I waited, knowing that one day, you would trigger your curse and you would need your real father. When that happened, Mikael found my first. I fought him for you"

"Worked out well for you" I smirk

Klaus smirks as well "Plus its just a few years too late"

"Now, you two joke, but I know you both always felt a void in your lives" Ansel says "I've watched you from beyond for centuries. You've traveled all corners of the world, seen monuments erected, feasted on the blood of the history's most extraordinary men, but you've never found true peace"

wow that was something

"The only moments of joy in your life, however fleeting, have been simple pleasures. As you climbed Himalayas, as you tended to your horses. Quiet days, teaching that boy Shakespeare-"

"Stop" Klaus growns

"Listening to the other boy sleep. I watched you paint. I watched you feel your unborn daughter kick-"

Klaus turns finally letting go of me to grab him

"I said, stop! A millennium of observing me-- were your eyes closed as I slaughtered whole villages? Fed my way through thousands of innocents? Because, let's face it-- I have tendency to play with my food"

Ansel stares at him as Klaus gets closer

"Have I made you proud, Father?"

then he walks away and once enough away he looks back

"Samael, let's go"

oh then I follow him

Funny enough Ansel is still following

we found the merlock but it's surrounded by vervain

then Klaus and Ansel start fighting so I pick the fucking merlock

that's when they turn around

"Oh" Klaus growns "Why didn't I think of using you"

I shrug

we end up sitting by a campfire while Ansel uses a knife to chuck the merlock

"I've always seen a blade to have a very different use" Klaus says

"Mikael taught you to kill, Klaus. You've taught Samael to do the same-- but, you were both born to create. Power lies in embracing your true nature"

"You think I should accept me mother's offer?" Klaus scoffs "Sacrifice my vampirism? And then what? Become a florist"

Ansel smiles "You wouldn't be sacrificing anything. As a wolf, you'll be king to an entire species"

Klaus actually seems tempted

what the hell would happen to me????

"You would feel at true peace. And you'll be a better father"

oh shit shouldn't of said that Ansel

"I am no longer a father"

Ansel looks to me but then looks up "In our animal form, we feel everything more acutely. When you were a boy, after each full moon, I would wake closer to your village, having been drawn to you in the night. Since I've been back, each month when I turn, I wake further from New Orleans. I know the smell of my own blood, Klaus. Which is why I don't understand why you can't smell it all over Samael. Also, I know your child is still alive"

it's deadly quiet as Klaus finish preparing the merlock

I whistle "So...its very awkward now"

Ansel smiles at me before putting the merlock in a handkerchief and hands it to Klaus

"This will help, Elijah"

then he goes to walk away

"Ansel" Klaus calls out "I'd be lying if I said your offer wasn't appealing. I've never known a parent to be a benevolent force. I think I would have liked to be your son. But. a different path was chosen for me, and I have, for the past one thousand years, been son of Mikael. Paranoid. Vengeful. And, powerful enough to protect my daughter"

Ansel pats Klaus head affectionately "I want to help you defend her"

"I believe you" is he going to cry "But, love is what Ester twists. She will take the best of your intentions, and she will use them to get to my little girl. You waited too long before you came to rescue me. I won't let you make the same mistake with Hope" he picks up Ansel's black

"No"

walking towards he says "NO, Klaus. I know you. You are not capable of this. Is this what you want to show your son"

Klaus looks at me and back to Ansel "He's seen too much already and he cannot be my son I've already screwed him up. For not being capable; that's the first lie you've told me"

then he kills Ansel

with that he takes my hand and we go off