Fireball And Old Friends

Nikki’s POV

Carl Kelvin, iconic host of the famed Kelvin Show, looked like a troll. His eyebrows were uneven, giving the impression that he’d just been blindsided with a frying pan. The rest of his face was all stiff and scrunched up, like he was in terrible pain. Maybe someone really had hit him with a heavy piece of crockery.

Next to Kelvin, Jacen looked like an angel; flawless and eternally youthful. He sat in the leather chair adjacent to Kelvin, dressed in an outfit Odette had clearly picked out for him; dark jeans and a turquoise button down with the sleeves rolled up. He was even wearing a tie, granted it was loosened to the point of being sloppy but I liked it. I wanted to grab it and pull him in for a long, slow kiss.

Of course, that was easier said than done when we were on opposite sides of the city. Still, there was no denying how gorgeous he looked, even on my crappy 24 inch TV.

So Jacen what can you tell me about this new movie of yours?” Kelvin was asking, having gone through all the bullshit introductions. “You’ll be working with Eric Schaffer, that’s got to be exciting.”

“Oh yeah, Eric’s a brilliant director,” Jacen said, his lips set in a constant smile. I could tell he was struggling not to laugh. “He’s put a lot of time and effort into this project. It’s going to be incredible. See, it’s sort of about . . .”

“God he’s delicious,” said Henry, drowning out whatever Jacen was saying. Henry was on the other side of the room, fixing his hair in the mirror that hung on the back of my door. “I want to drizzle him in fudge and lick him until I get diabetes.”

“Wow, what an incredibly descriptive and stereotypically gay thing of you to say,” commented Trix, who was sitting at her desk and applying eyeliner with all the precision of Cleopatra.

“Tell me, if gay people can’t say gay things then who can?” Henry demanded, seeming pleased with his hair. It looked incredibly messy for something he had spent ten minutes working on, but I guess that was the style he was going for. “Besides, he’s a babe.”

“He is very handsome,” Nadia agreed, from where she was lying on her bed, reading The Republic. She had her hijab on, given that the guys were over.

“Personally I prefer Rosalyn Summers,” Riley chimed in from where he was sitting on my bed, patiently waiting for us all to get ready.

“Oh she’s a fox,” Trix agreed. “I’d do her.”

“Nah if I had to fuck a girl I’d definitely pick Molly North. She’s little, but that ass! Even I can appreciate that,” Henry chimed in. “Where do you stand on this debate Duchess?”

I rolled my eyes at the nickname. Only two days in and it seemed to be sticking. “I guess it depends what you’re into,” I contemplated. “Rosalyn will rock your world, sure, but she’ll probably want to tie you to something. Now, Molly’s a little less intense, but she can’t keep her mouth shut. Everybody would know all about it - like right down to the position.” I paused, taking note of the weird looks I was getting. “Or at least, that’s the impression I got.”

“I’d like to change my answer to Rosalyn. I like the sound of that rope shit,” Henry said, winking. “Now, real talk - Jacen Sage or Patrick Kent?”

“Jacen Sage has a girlfriend,” Nadia chimed in. I suddenly liked her a lot more.

“This is a hypothetical situation in which Jacen Sage is both single and down to fuck,” Henry explained. “Same goes for Patrick Kent. Now - let’s check the polls.”