Chapter 2

-Madeline's P.O.V.-

Pretty much all day, Heather has been my tour guide of the school. We're walking down the main hall to my next class, and apparently her teacher's do not care if she's late. "Um, you sure it's okay if you're late?" I ask just to make sure. "Yeah! All of them know I'm touring you and all." I nod in agreement. She stops in front of my next class which just happens to be creative writing. "Mrs. Philips already knows that you're on your way!" "Okay. Thanks." With that, she walks away agreeing to see me at lunch. "Ahh. Madeline Carter!" Mrs. Philips walks over to me, along with the whole class staring at me. I feel my face start to get hot- I hate being in front of the class, that goes with presenting, standing, or anything. "Erm, Yeah. I go by Madei though." I say with a small smile. "Okay, erm, Madei! Take a seat right over there" She says while pointing to the back corner next to a girl with medium brown hair. (A/N- So Sorry To @Jenny_The_Human ! My mind went blank and I couldn't figure out a description for you.) When I take my seat, she turns around and semi-whispers, "Hey! I'm Jenny. You're new here right?" "Erm, yeah. Haha. I'm Madeline, but I go by Madei." "Pretty name! Hey, we'll talk later, Mrs.Philips likes us to listen to her lectures." We both giggle at her last comment and focus back to class.

"Okay guys. Today we'll be writing a five paragraph report on the history of lacrosse. As you can tell, under the chair with each of your desks, there is a laptop under it. That it what you will be writing your report on and looking up you important research. It is due this Friday." (A'N- I know that this is Creative Writing, but I went ahead and added some reports and all.) Lacrosse? I didn't even know this school had that sport... Grabbing the laptop from under my desk, I quickly start it up and start my research right away. Jenny then turns around, "Hey, have you found any good sites? I can't find crap." I smirk a bit, then nod my head no; she sighs and turns back around. Actually I have found a couple good websites that goes into really good detail. I open up Microsoft Word and start typing away. As I look around the room for a moment to just give me some thought, I noticed a guy across the room doing something close to the same thing I was. He had short brown hair in one of those typical semi-quiffs, blue eyes, and really muscular arms. He ended up looking back at me, still in a daze, until I finally realize I'm staring at him.. Once again, my face gets really hot and I focus back on my work.

After about thirty more minutes of Creative Writing, the bell rings for 3rd period. I check my schedule to see what I have next, and sure enough I'm going to lunch. Jenny and I grab our things, and head to the cafe'. "This whole schedule thing is weird." I say. "Haha, I know right?! Like, you're supposed to have lunch with different people, but the class you're in before you go to lunch is some of the people you'll see. Heather should be here too." She explains. I don't bother to go into any more detail because I'm already confused as it is. "You know Heather too?" I say as we walk through the lunch line with me pretty much filling my tray. "Oh yeah. She's like one of my best friends. How do you know her?" "Tour guide. Haha." She nods her head in understanding and we pay for our food. I end up just following her as we both look around for Heather. "Jenny! Madei! Over here!" We both turn and spot her at a circular table along with some of her other friends. Other than me, Jenny, and Heather, there's one other girl and three guys- one including the one I was 'staring' at in Creative Writing, when I was clearly in deep thought... All I wanted to do was run away and hide, which I can't do at the moment, since you can't leave the cafe' during your lunch period.

"Oh uhm, guys, this is Madei!" Heather says, along with her hand motions. Everyone says their 'Heys', but I still feel awkward. Wait, maybe he didn't even see me! Maybe he was looking at something or someone else... Yeah! That's what he was doing. "Hey, aren't you in the same creative writing class as me?" He asks. Kill me now. "Erm.. Yeah.. I think so." He nods, but never brings up what I thought happened.. Or he was just being nice and all.. "Oh, I'm Alexander. But you can call me Alex." He says with a smile appearing on his face. We all pretty much continue on a normal conversation about where I'm from and all. When I'm pretty much finished with my food, I stand up, push my chair back and walk over to the trash cans- with Heather following right by my side. "What was that back there?" She says with a sly smile creeping onto her face. "What do you mean?" I'm pretty sure she thinks I'm joking because she starts smirking and rolling her eyes. "Oh c'mon! you totally know what was going on!" I look at her while giving off a blank expression. "Oh.. Erm.. Well, you and Alex are totally pulling it off!" I roll my eyes and add, "No. We were simply talking" "Hah, whatever you sayyy." We walk back to our table and everyone starts talking about some place and I just sit there sort of zoning out. "You wanna come Madei?" Jenny asks. "Where?" Her and a couple others, smirk at my zoning out. "The beach this evening?" "Oh. Erm, yeah!"