•06•

Aiyana Vasquez

Sitting silently next to my dad while he was negotiating business with the other dons was boring as hell.

In all honesty, I didn't want to accompany him in the slightest. I much preferred staying at home practicing knife throwing on a board, or even just stay in lazily watching Netflix on the couch.

Nonetheless, he demanded that I come, and so I've put a lot of effort into looking this good. If I'm being dragged to sit for hours on no end listening to boring business talk at least I wanted to look and feel pretty while doing so.

The looks I got once we arrived assured me that I in fact successfully accomplished my goal.

After what felt like eternity and maybe tenfold centuries after that, I excused myself to the bathroom.

Firstly, my makeup needed retouching, although from the boredom I'm not sure it got moved at all.

Secondly, I needed a moment to gather myself and my own thoughts before I murdered anyone by mistake.

After finishing my business in the surprisingly well lit ladies bathroom, I step out to return to the table.

I'm walking through a corridor when I'm suddenly jolted and I wince as my back hits the wall behind me.

I look up, craning my neck, just to come face to face with a smirking Ivan.

His hand clasps around my mouth, preventing my muffled screams to reach anyone, while his legs push into mine keeping me still in my place.

"Look who decided to join us" He snickers in a sick tone and his breath smells awfully of liquor and cigarettes.

Bringing one hand to my face, he caresses my cheek, causing me to flinch away and thrash from his tight grip.

My hand slips to my thigh, pulling out the blade I kept for emergencies, and I hold it tight like it's my lifeline.

Aiming it towards him, I lift it to his neck to slice it into his flesh, though the bastard is quick to react and grabs it away from me, tossing it to the side, the sound of it hitting the ground nearby.

I'm not done though, I bring my elbow up and knock it straight to his jaw, causing him to stumble backwards a little.

Preparing for my next punch, he yanks my hand away and twists it behind my back painfully, causing me to hiss.

"A feisty little devil I got here. I can't wait to have you for myself " He says wickedly, his mind probably wandering to dirtier things and my face contorts in discomfort as his grip tightens immensely.

His hips dig into my legs nailing them to the wall, eliminating my movement. Just I was about to bring my leg up to kick his area, a sound of rippling is heard, before Ivan is being torn away from me, finally allowing me space to breathe freely.

I take a look and surprise washes through me at my savior. The man I caught checking me out subtly when I first arrived.

He leaves Ivan sprawled out on the floor to nurse a definitely broken jaw, and launches towards me.

"Did he do anything?" He asks, his brown eyes with a mixture of dazzling green looking into mine.

"No, though I was handling it" I said idly and pouted my lips.

"You sure looked like you did" He offers jokingly and I fight the urge to huff and step onto his tows with my high heels.

"Asshole" I mutter under my breath and he sends a threatening look "I'd watch that pretty little mouth if I were you"

I don't answer him as I rearrange my dress and take deep breaths, to not looking like I survived a nuclear bombing and stumbled my way back to the room.

I was tired and drained and wanted to go home desperately, take off all the heavy makeup and these painstaking heels and just curl in a ball on the comfort of my bed.

Regaining my composure, I slip back into my seat like nothing happened. A few minutes later so does Mr. gorgeous eyes and perfectly tanned skin and amazing hair.

To anyone oblivious to what just happened, it looks awfully like we were busy with each other back there. I shove those unwanted ridiculous thoughts to the furthest slot at the back of my brain.

"Aiyana, good you're here now. Dominic and I were just finishing off our conversation. He offered a lot more than Ivan and we struck a deal beneficial to us both"

"Amren and you will be marrying next week" He says and I'm sure my eyes bulged out like an ox.

I escape an asshole just to fall into the grasp of another. Sighing I keep my quiet, my face remaining emotionless and devoid of any emotion.

I take a look at my betrothed, finding him with the same stoic expression as mine.

•••

A/n:

Things are escalating...

For more updates
please vote and comment ❣️