1

She stares at the girl, then says "I do care. More than you know." She thinks to herself "I just don't know how to show it anymore.. Every day my mind makes me scared to say how I feel. So I don't anymore..." "You do?" She asks. "Yes." "Why?" Asks the girl. "Because..." She trails off. "Yes?" "Because you're my new friend. And I've been there. I want to help." She pauses and pushes up her sleeve. "You see these scars?" She asks. "I have depression too… These scars are from the nights I couldn't handle it anymore... Sometimes they were where I tried to end my life... And some.. Are from where I hurt myself, because I needed away from the pain mentally... If you'll let me, I want to help, the way I needed. I didn't have help, but I want to help you. Will you let me?" The girl started crying. "Y-you wanna help me?" "Yes, if you'll let me." She smiled. "T-thank you, so much. That means so much more than you know." She cried. "Of course. So what's your name?" She asks. "It's Hope. Yours?" She asked smiling slowly. "Mine's Grace, it's nice to meet you Hope! Do you have somewhere to stay?" She smiled too. "It's nice to meet you too Grace! And not now… my parents kicked me out…" "Come with me! You're staying with me now." Said Grace. "Really??" "Yes. I have plenty of room." She said smiling. They walked toward Grace's house talking a bit. "How old are you?" asks Grace. "I'm 14-15 soon. You?" "I'm 17. Why did your parents kick you out?" Says Grace. "Well... My dad was verbally abusive... To the point I almost ended things several times, and I hurt myself, a lot… Eventually I just stopped caring what I said anymore.. And I said things like, 'Can't you just send me away?' And 'Can't you just leave?', and then yesterday… He kicked me out, and told me to try real life for awhile... So what about you?" She finished, looking like she was gonna cry. "Well.. My parents were pretty abusive to. I tried to end things several times, as well as hurting myself... One day I couldn't handle it anymore, and  ran away. My aunt had offered me a place, so I went to her. She took me in, and I've been living with her ever since." Said Grace, looking over at Hope. "Wow, I'm glad your aunt was willing to take you in." She says, hugging Grace. "Thanks, and me too." She says hugging back. "So you live with your aunt.. Are you sure she'll be okay with you taking me in?" "Oh, yes! My aunt knows I wanna help everyone. I don't want anyone to go through what I did. Also my aunt and I actually run a place for orphans, kids and teens who need a place to stay. And young mothers who need a hand up." Says grace.