Peter Barnes

Requested by @Uhhhhimnotfarah. Hope this is what you were looking for!

The team was eating dinner. For the first time. The accords had been dealt with. At least that was good. Bucky thought that this was the only good. In the hydra base, someone was left behind. Someone very dear to him. And he could see the rest of them getting along, getting to know each other. And they thought that he was so untalkative because of what happened to him. But that was not the case. He wasn't talking because of what was happening to someone right now, because he was planning, and figuring out ways to get that someone back. That's when the window shattered.

The Avengers' laughter ended before the glass hit the ground, ready for whatever could attack them. To them, it looked like a completely black figure, which looked a bit human climbed to the ceiling. It dropped onto Steve who quickly moved aside. But the thing shot his legs out to kick the man, who blocked the kick.

However, Bucky recognized those moves and recognized the suit: "Don't hurt him!" he yelled.

"Care to explain why?" asked Tony who was now dogging the webs coming from the thing.

"Because he's my son," the man's voice was quieter and lower, there was pain in it. He sounded guilty. And he felt guilty. Guilty for not helping his kid sooner, for not being stronger, for not figuring out a way to get him out of there, for bringing somebody into the world, which was full of suffering.

The shock slowed the Avengers down for a few seconds giving the boy enough time to punch Steve in the face and then bring him to the ground. He then turned to Natasha, who had recovered from the shock quicker and tried to get close to her, but she pulled out one of the widow bites, which was always with her, and electrocuted him.

Bucky flinched at the motion: "Nat, stop!" his voice was panicky.

But she didn't need to. The boy didn't show any signs of being affected by the electricity. With both of his arms, he turned the bite around, electrocuting Natasha, who fell to the ground. By now all of the team was surrounding him. Steve had got up and there seemed nowhere to go. So he shot a web.

While the boy was swinging up, Tony shot a perfectly aimed shot tearing the web apart. The boy fell to the ground landing on his feet and trying to shoot another web. But it was too late. Steve and Bucky practically jumped on him holding the boy to the ground. He kept struggling against the two super-humans and Steve was surprised at how much stamina such a small body could contain. It reminded him of his before super-serum self.

The dark-haired one took his son's mask off. Everybody was surprised at how young the boy looked. He couldn't be more than 14. Certain anger flared up in each one of them. Even in Natasha who just now had gotten up. Only a monster could torture a child, force a child to fight, to kill. It was disgusting. At the same time, everybody was sorry for the kid who had to endure so much.

"Peter," Bucky started, "Pete, you have to snap out of it!" The man's voice contrasted with itself. On one hand, it was soft and loving, and asking for forgiveness, but on the other, it was an order, loud and clear, "Come-on, Мой паучок (my little spider)."

The expression on the boy's face was changing. It looked like he was fighting like he had realized who the man in front of him was. But wasn't able to do anything about it. Like he was shifting from one state to another. A face ready to kill, to one sorry for all, he knew, he had done. One second his arms trying to scratch Steve's eyes out. The other holding on to Bucky like his life depended on it.

His father kept talking: "I know you're in there, Мой паучок, I know you can hear me, you need to fight, you need to wake up, I'm here," the man talked and the boy kicked and struggled, but the man didn't stop. He knew he was a torch far in the distance for his son to come out of the dark and he kept talking. After a long time of struggles and talking. Peter's arms stop scratching, and his legs stopped kicking. Tears flooded his eyes and he looked even younger than before making the heroes' hearts break. Bucky didn't let go of him just yet, so neither did Steve.

"I'm sorry," Peter whispered, the voice dry long not used, "I'm sorry, dad."

The man's face filled with relief and he pulled the boy into a hug. The rest of the confused team including Steve left to give them some privacy, they knew what they would be doing – taking down every hydra base there is. Until there are non left. Until there would be no roots of them in the deepest ground and there would be no seeds spread of them across the entire globe.

"It's okey," There were tears in the man's eyes as well. Never before they had been safe. Never before he had been convinced that he could protect his son, "Everybody's alright, they're not hurt, you didn't hurt anybody," Bucky knew what the boy needed to hear. Peter pushed his head deeper into his father's chest and hugged him tighter. It was so safe he couldn't be safer in a bomb bunker. It was so safe like this he never wanted to let go.

"And I'm sorry, Мой паучок, for not getting to you quicker, for leaving you, for..." His voice was soft like a feather, not wanting to hurt his child, who had been through so much.

Peter interrupted him: "It's alright, I'm alright now," there was a hint of a smile in his voice.

And they sat on the ground, crying. For everything they had been through, for everything they had done. But mostly, because they had never felt so happy in their lives because it was so overwhelming. For the first time, they were crying, because they were happy.