Chapter 4

Breathing heavily I looked around the room. Sunlight was starting to pour in so I took that as my que to get up for the day. Jumping in the shower I turned it on cool trying to wake myself up. After a few minutes I jumped out and dried myself off. Walking over to my suit case I pulled out a clean pair of boxers, darkwashed jeans, a dark green shirt, and a black hoodie. I threw on my clothes and sat on the bed flipping on the tv. It turned on to the weather channel, Quickly putting my shoes on I glanced at the weather. It's suppose to just be sunny but really really windy throughout the rest of the week. Standing up I cracked my back and hands and headed out the door. I need to find where the pack houses are today. Usually packs have one huge house, kind of mansion like. Then a bunch of smaller houses that families live in surround the mansion. Usually families live in the houses and once the wolves hit eighteen they move into the pack house. When they find their mates the family helps them build a house and they move in and the cycle starts all over again. 

I opened the door to my hotel room and almost ran into a very tall man in a bathrobe and boxers. He looked like he hadn't shaved in a few days and smelled strngly of alcohol. He looked down at me squintinng and swaying. He walked closer to me and swung his arm around my shoulder.

"My what do we have here? A young lad? DAN GET OUT HERE REAL QUICK!" he yelled

The door across from my hotel room door opened and another man struggling to stay on his feet and smelling of alcohol came out, holding onto the door frame for support.

"Well, well ain't chu a pretty little thang? A little to young to be stayin her by yourself ain't chu?"

I flinched a bit, what the hell is wrong with him. He came closer to me brushed my cheek with his hand, I tried stepping back but the guy with his arm over my shoulder held me in place. Confused I looked at both of them and then it hit me -_- these two are freaking perverts. 

I slapped 'Dans' hand away and elbowed the other guy in the face.

I grumbled a quiet "Fuck off" and started to walk away till Dan grabbed me by my hair. 

"You better 'pologize boy." He tried to sound menacing 

boy? great is he trying to be lie Stradwick. Unfortunatly this guy smelled better than Stradwick. I reached up to pry his hand out of my hair, but the other guy managed to stand back up and grab my arms. Shit....They dragged me to their room and locked the door throwing me to the ground. 

Do these fuckers really think they're gonna do this? I stood up walking towards the first guy. He smiled at me evily, what kind of town is this that people like this stay here. Dan walked up to me and tried to grabbed for my upp arm. I stepped sideways and punched him in the face. He fell like a sack of potatoes. The other guy gave a drunken war and came at me swinging I just tripped the dude and he did a face plant into the wall, and slidding down. Well thats what happens when you mess with people and you're drunk off your ass. Shaking my head I walked out their door and headed down the steps. The sad thing is that isn't the worst thing thats happened to me while I was  on a mission. I was held up at gun point in berlin for my bag of groceries on my way home from the store. 

Once I headed out the door I went into town seeing if I would be able to find a werewolf from the pack. If I'm able to find one I'll follow them back the their pack territory and scout out the place. I'm hoping I can find a couple soft spots in their security, and plan out a way to sneak in.

Once in talked I walk through the middle of the town and through some of the more busy shops. So far I haven't found anyone. There was a faint scent a little earlier but when I followed it, it just kind of dissapeared. It wasn't a very strong scent trail anyway. 

I sighed and walked back to a small coffee shop and sat down in the back booth sipping on some water. I'm not much of a coffee drinker. I sat there for about half an hour before I got up, I gave up for the day and started to head back the hotel. It wasn't very late so I decided to take a walk by the local highschool. I've always wondered what it'd be like  to go to highschool. I've nevere been able to understand how people would be able to stay in one place for eight hours a day, cooped up in a place with people you probably don't even like, listening to teachers drone on about subjects they care little about it'd probably be boring. I guess it was time for school to get out because I heard a bell ring and soon students started piling out. I clung on to the chainlink fence watching to see how normal teenagers were able to interact. 

It's kinda like I ssee in movies a bit. People started breaking off into different groups. There was a small group of smart looking kids near the buildings picnic tables. There was a group of teenagers both girl and boy all wearing darker clothing and they had black hair....goth? maybe emo? There was different groups everywhere cars leaving the parking lot and buses. There was an extremely large group of teenagers standing in the parking lot blocking some cars from getting out. They didn't really seem to notice or care, The people in the cars looked like they were use to it too. I scanned their faces and suddenly stopped on one of them, he looked really familiar and I don't know why. I stood there for a few moments until he eneded up making eye contact with me. Shit that's right, it's the werewolf I ran into and ended up smashing my taco into his shirt. He started making his way towards me looking pissed as hell. I turned and quickly walked away dissapearing from him into the crowd. I kept an on him as he looked around trying to find me, but not having any luck you could tell he was starting to get frustrated. That good looking girl that walked out of the library that day walked up to him wrapping her arms around his neck a kissing him. He started relaxing abit. Oh wow she must be his mate, I've never seen how mates act around eacother besides how my parents did and I can't hardly remember that. I watched him walk to a shiny black car and start it up. I ran to the woods near the school and shifted taking off and following their scent, as long as I stay about a five hundred from their car like I am now I shouldd be fine.

I didn't run for very long when they turned right into a moresecluded area. I looked sideways trying to keep track of the car and when I looked forward I stopped as fast as I could in front of me was a giant wall. I looked towrads them and a giant gate opened to let them in. Well here goes nothing, it's probably a good thing I can jump. I took a huge running start and jumped over the top of the wall barely making it. I ran further into the woods and came to an opening,...... Holy shit. I stopped theres were houses everywhere. and right in the middle there was a giant and I mean giant house, I mean this place looke like a castle almost it was that big. I took off running on the inside of the gate to see  how big the territory little city of theirs was. 

I ran around the whole place once and this place is huge. This is only the housing portion thats why theres a gate a little extra protection. The actual territory is much much bigger. I was still walking the inside of gate wall thingy when I heard a growl from behind me. Oh shit oh shit yea Jace this is what happens when you let your heads get into the clouds. I turned to him not giving him my back, he was growling and stepping towards me. I knew he was signaling the rest of his pack. I turn around and took off running. This is not the time nor the place to try and fight anyone from here I have to have a plan if I want to get that gem. I felt something heavy hit my back and pin me down. This can't happen.

___________________________________________________________________________

Thanks for reading I really appreciate it if you have any tips or ides please feel free to let me know.