Ch 9

Zak's Pov

It was morning again. I didn't sleep that much since I was waiting for Darryl to come back to bed but he didn't come back for a while, but eventually, he did. He crawled in bed without a word and that was that, but when I opened my eyes this morning he wasn't there. It made me feel sad but he probably went to do something. "Darryl?" I called but the only response I got was Rocco walking into the room. I sat up and got out of bed. I changed into a black hoodie and shorts before looking for him. I walked into the hall and into the main area and I spotted him in the kitchen.

His back was against me as I got closer. I couldn't see what he was doing but something smelled good. "Whacha doing?"

"AH! S-Skeppy! Oh my goodness, don't scare me like that!" I chuckled and he growled, "I'm making pancakes d-do you want some?" "Oh my god, yes please!"

"How many?" He asked. "I don't know, four or five I guess." I poked his back repeatedly very softly as he was making the batch. "So what do you wanna do today?" His body stiffens as I asked that question. Without turning his head to look at me he says, "I was actually planning for us to go... somewhere..." I obviously started getting suspicious of him. "Oh, where are we going?"

He lets out a sigh I assume he's been holding, "You'll see." "But I want to know." He stays quiet for a bit, "I forgot to feed Rocco while I was up can you do that Skeppy?" 

"Yeah, of course, he's my dog you know? You don't have to take care of 'em." I said as I twirled around and went to feed Rocco and then take him for a walk. I yelled at Darryl where I was going before I went out the door. I walked Rocco down to the dog park right outside the woods where the treehouse was. There weren't many dogs in there since it was still pretty early in the morning but I watched outside the gates as Rocco ran around with the few dogs that were there. I sat down in the grass the small blades stabbing at my bearskin but I didn't care. I looked at all the flowers and thought I could try and make a flower crown. It may be considered girly but what's stopping me from making one? I looked up a video on how I could make one and I started picking flowers I wanted in it. I got confused a few times at the start and had to keep rewinding the video but I soon got it. It was actually pretty fun. When I was finished my phone buzzed and when I checked it it was Bad telling me the pancakes were done I was sad because wanted to make another one but also excited because I really wanted to try some of Bad's pancakes. I put the crown on my head and, called Rocco over to the gate, and I put the leash on his collar, and we jogged home. 

"I'm back!" I yelled as Rocco and I walked into the house. "Hey. You're foods on the table I'll be there in a sec." He said. I went to find him but found my door closed. "Are you getting changed?" I asked from the other side. "Yeah, hold on." I waited for him to get out and when he did I put the flower crown on his head and he jumped, "Oh my goodness! Skeppy, stop doing that!" I die of laughter as he grabs the crown off his head.

"I made you a flower crown," I say in between laughs. He smiles softly at it as he puts it back on his head. "Thank you, but stop scaring me or Imma have a heart attack one of these days." I just snickered as I went to finally eat those pancakes. I sat down at the table and started eating. They were starting to get cold but they were still absolutely delicious. Darryl sat down across from me and I watched as his fingers would fidget around each other, and when I looked at his face his eyes were distant and he looked uncomfortable.

"Are you ok, Bad?" I asked. "Y-yeah, but get ready 'cause we're leaving after you eat." "Oh? We're leaving this early?"  He looked away, "Yeah.." I was concerned about what was wrong with him but he didn't seem like he wanted to talk about it. I finished eating and started getting ready to leave but when we were about to go out the door  I realized Darryl wasn't wearing the flower crown. "Bad, Where's the crown I made you?" He looked back at me, "I put it in a safe place." I crossed my arms and pouted. "I want you to wear it." he stared at me, "wut?" was the only thing he said and I continued to stare at him. "You want me to wear that outside?" He questioned raising the pitch of his voice like I was crazy. I just nodded my head slowly up and down not breaking contact and stuck out my bottom lip even more. He sighed heavily, "Fiiiiiiiiiine!" as he walked back to go grab it, and when he came back, put it on his head right in front of me. "You happy now, you muffin head?" "Yup!" I said as I opened the door and dragged him outside.