Chapter 40

Samridhi

I open the door of the room and look at the view which I have been looking for the past few days. There is my Devdas who is drinking bottles after bottles I don't know which girlfriend he is trying to forget.

If he continues to behave like this I don't know how my mission will succeed in bringing father and son together.

" Enough," I said and snatch the bottle from his hand.

" What are doing Samridhi give me my bottle back," he said getting up from the couch.

" No I won't give you," I said.

" Give me back," he said and try to snatch it from my hand.

" No I won't," I said and start moving backwards.

" Samridhi give me back," he said and start coming forward.

" No" continue to step backwards.

Suddenly I bump into the wall and Abhimanyu come and keep his hands beside me on the wall.

We both look at each other then his gaze shifted to my lips and my eyes turn darker. He comes closer and I turn away my face to the side.

" You're are more intoxicated than alcohol" he whispers in my ear and bites my earlobe and I close my eyes from this feeling.

Suddenly he moves away and I open my eyes. He smirked at me showing the bottle which he gets back.

" Abhimanyu no," I said.

"Why?" he asked getting angry.

" What is your problem Samridhi let me have my fun"

" You are not drinking for fun. You are trying to run away" I said.

" From what?"

" From your Dad, from your responsibility, from everything"

" I not running away from anything ok," he said and turned away.

" Really? " I said going in front of him.

" Then why are you not going to Singhania industries when your Dad officially made you CEO of industries," I said but he didn't look at me.

" Why?. I asked you something Abhimanyu isn't it that what you want. Look at me Abhimanyu I am talking to you" I shouted.

" Because I can't face him," he said. Like father like son.

" Why?"

" Because I disappoint him. I was so blinded by the power of greed that I don't realise how much I hurt him until it's too late" he said.

" Instead of making him proud, I disappoint him. I made him question his upbringing. I'm not capable of being CEO hell, I'm not even capable of being a normal employee" he said with his eyes glinting.

" Then make him proud," I said placing a hand on his shoulder and he looks at me.

" Instead of running away from everything like coward face everything. Make him realise him that you're his son who just wandered for some time that's it" I said.

" You are capable of being the CEO"

" I'm not"

" Then go and cry in some corner. You said I disappoint him but do you realise you still are not making him proud" I shout at him.

" Do you know how worried he was when he comes to know what amazing thing you did no you don't and you don't even think about it am I right? you know why because you are selfish" I said poking a finger on his chest.