e i g h t

PIPER

I pace around my living room while I wait for Pansy to come over, I called her as soon as I was able to contain myself.

She opens the door and sits on the couch.

"What's wrong? It sounded argent," she says as she pours wine for herself.

"He's not dead," I say looking at her as I sit on the coffee table.

"Who?"

"Theo! He's not fucking dead!"

"Piper, are you okay? He's dead, he has been for three years."

"No he's not! He faked it so the Korean mafia would get off his back! He's back!"

"You're drunk, let's get you to bed," she says holding my shoulder but I push her hand off and get my phone.

I go through the saved footage from the camera and click on the one with Theo, I play it and show her and she has no words.

"What the fuck..?"

"That's what I'm thinking, he said he did it to protect me," I scoff.

"I would do the same thing, if the Korean mafia still knew he was alive they would go after him."

"I understand that, but for three years?! I get it if it was for a few months, but three years?"

"That's the part I don't get either," she sighs.

"Now what? What am I supposed to tell Theo? That his dad is magically back?"

"I guess so, want to go get him?"

"Yeah."

We lock up my house and drive to our moms house.

"Back so early?" She asks opening the door.

"I need Theo," I say.

She goes to pick him up and gives me him along with his bag, but Pansy stays back to explain to mom why I picked him up so early.

"Mommy? Why am I going to sleep so early?"

"Mommy needs to do something, don't worry, I'm not leaving the house." I smile and tuck him in, kissing his forehead before walking out of his room.

I sit down on the kitchen island, thinking of what to do. My phone rings and the contact name is Theo's mom. I sigh and pick it up with shaking hands.

"Hello?" I ask.

"Piper, he's back," she whispers.

"I know, he came over all ready."

"He did? He left the house and his on his way to yours."

"What? Why? I told him to not come back," I sigh rubbing my forehead.

"He saw the pictures of Theo and he was yelling at me, yelling at me on who the kid is and who his parents are, then it slipped out. I'm so sorry Piper, I wasn't planning on telling him. I wanted you to tell him yourself."

"It's okay, I guess I'll deal with it. See you soon?"

"Yeah, I'm sorry again Piper," she says.

"It's alright, bye," I say then hang up the phone. I sigh and hear a car screeching on the road and park in front of my house, the car lights shining into the house.

The lights turn off and he starts banging at the door. I roll my eyes as I sigh and open the door.

"What?" I ask crossing my arms as I lean against the door.

"It's mine?"

"He's not an it," I snap at him.