happier

listen to "happier" by Olivia Rodrigo.

timothée's pov

We broke up a month ago. I heard from a friend, who's also hers, that she's already moved on and found someone new.

I wonder if he brings out the better in her.

I thought my heart was detached from everything of our past. All the photos, letters, messages, and gifts were all discarded, but the memories still hold on and they still hurt.

Based off of what I've seen and heard, he seems sweet and he's attractive. But does he mean she forgot about me?

I hope she's happy, that's all I've ever wanted her to be, but not like how she was with me. I'm selfish, I know, I can't let her go.

All I want for her is to find someone great, but to not find someone better. I hope she's happy, just not happier.

Does she tell him he's the most handsome man she's ever seen? Does she tell him about eternal love bullshit she knows she'll never mean? I believed it first when she said it to me.

Now I'm just picking him apart, as if cutting him down will make her miss me. He looks kind, he probably gives her butterflies like I once did.

I can't help but think about them being together right now. So quickly and easily she cut me out of her life, like what we had meant nothing at all.

When she tells him she loved him, it won't be like she loved me. And I hope she thinks of me fondly when her hands are on him.

I hope she's happy, but not like how she was with me. I'm selfish, I know, I can't let her go.

She's found someone great, but won't find no one better. I hope she's happy, but not happier.