Chapter 2 (In the middle of gang war)

Ramesh bhaiya always brings the ambulance in front of the hospital gate, he never allows me to come to the basement at this hour. He treats me like his younger sister and I also respect his kindness. We were on our way and I was explaining to him about this new baby. He was shocked to know about the pre-matured baby, maybe because he never heard of cases like this before. After a while I close my eyes, to take a nap as my home is still 20 minutes away.

I didn't realize, I slept (maybe because I was tired and hadn't slept properly for the past 3 days) until Ramesh bhaiya pressed the break all of a sudden. Luckily, I was wearing a seatbelt. I looked at him wondering what happened but he was looking straight ahead with an unreadable expression. I turned to look at the road, people were there, a lot of people and they had weapons. They were hitting each other with so much aggression, I have no idea what's going on. Ramesh bhaiya immediately reverses the ambulance but we hit something. I can hear my heartbeat in my ears.

We can't step down knowing these people are dangerous but a man came to Ramesh Bhaiya's window with a gun in his hand and directed him to roll down the window. He was a big man with a face with having big scar going from the left side of the forehead to his left cheek. When we didn't roll down the window, he pointed the gun at us, I unintentionally grabbed Bhaiya's arm. Sweat tickles down my forehead, never once in my life, I have been at gunpoint. Bhaiya rolls down the window while covering me completely.

"STEP OUT BOTH" he shouted

We did as he asked.

"What is an ambulance doing with no siren on"?

"We were on our way, we see nothing." Said Ramesh bhaiya without a hint of fear. I was hiding behind him

"RAM" comes a strong and thick voice, his back stiffed listening to it. I was about to turn to see who that voice belonged to but Bhaiya grabbed my arm tightly, I got it and didn't turn.

Bhaiya said nothing.

"Are you ignoring me Ram?" that's when bhaiya turns to face that man with a strong voice.

"Mr. Raichand, how are you?"

"Ram, I missed you man, never knew you were serious about leaving me"

"I was sir"

"I heard you have a beautiful family now but what's this, you drive an ambulance, leaving all the luxury I provided you"

"I am doing fine sir"

"Who is this person, arrogantly ignoring my presence"

I can sense Bhaiya's uneasiness with every sentence, this man is saying.

"No one Sir, we see nothing, let us pass"

"Ram, within 3 years you forget how things work here?"

"Sir, we see nothing. Let us pass" bhaiya pulled my body toward him. I said nothing, I don't know what should I do.

Within a second two big men came and held Bhaiya's arm, he was forced to leave my arm to fight them off. I never knew Bhaiya was good at fighting. I was standing like dumb but came to my senses when bhaiya got punched in his face. I need to help him. I looked everywhere, then I saw the bottle in my bag. It won't do much but I can't stand and watch bhaiya getting beaten by them. I took out my metal bottle held it tightly in my hand and ran toward them, but somebody pulled me back by my shirt...I saw they hit Ramesh bhaiya again.

"LEAVE MEEEE..." I shouted at whoever holding me back

"Aren't you such a spitfire?"

I can't let them hurt bhaiya, I swing my bottle and turn to hit whoever holding me. but that person was quick in defence, though he left my shirt. I ran toward bhaiya to help him. I hit a man with the bottle on his back with all the force I had. He turns toward me, and I lose it all, he looks scary as hell. He will kill me for sure. But Bhaiya took advantage of it and beat the other man. Luck is not at our side because he gets held by four other men and a gun on his head.

"RUNNNN" Bhaiya shouted toward me and I didn't need to be told twice.

I was about to run when someone held the collar of my shirt from the back and stopped me from running.

"Ramesh, introduce us. Are you having an extra affair? She looks like a nerd, not of your kind though." He is looking down at me

He is way too tall and handsome. Older than me with sharp features, even his body features scream EXPENSIVENESS. Then he turns to bhaiya and waits for an answer, but bhaiya is trying his best to get free from those men. I grab his arm and try to remove it but he gives me a sharp look before motioning something to a man behind me. A moment later a man came and tried to grab my arms, I pulled my arms back but Mr. Raichand grabbed my neck with force and the man took advantage of my shocked state and grabbed both my arms before tying them in the front with his tie.

"LEAVE HER MR. RAICHAHND"

"and why would I do that Ram?"

"Because she has nothing to do with me, she is just an employee in the hospital"

"But she was with you at this time. No?"

"I was asked to drop her, we have to... it's hospital norm.... let her go"

He looked at me again and a smirk formed on his face, which was creepy, it scares me. I try to move back but he pulls me toward him by the collar of my shirt.

"what's your name?" he asked me

I stayed quiet and look toward Ramesh bhaiya. But he was busy struggling like me. He grabbed my neck tightly, I let out a cry.

"you answer me when I ask you something... Tushar check her ID"

A man came forward and tried to take my bag from me but I held it tight, I felt pressure on my neck again and they took my bag. That guy checked my bag for my ID and handed over it to Mr. Raichand. He checked my ID and looked at me then at Ramesh Bhaiya.

"A doctor?"

I can't take his assault anymore now.

"Listen, there was an emergency in the hospital, the patient was serious. I am a doctor. We have to visit the hospital whenever needed. Please let us leave. We did nothing, we saw nothing. Ramesh bhaiya was just doing his job. Please let us pass"

"Doctor, you realize what you have witnessed. You can't just pass after witnessing something like this. And Ram is very well aware of it. I know he won't tell a soul but it's you who I am unsure about. So, shall we go and talk somewhere private"

"I am not going anywhere with you" I try to free myself from his hold but to no avail. He smiles and starts dragging me.

"NOOO" I heard bhaiya shout but I couldn't turn to see him.

"Leave my collar.... Let me go" I tried to hit him but he was good at defending.

*****