27 || thunderbird

3 months later

"Hi, sorry to phone you I don't know what time it is wherever you are I just wanted to talk to you." I smiled hearing his voice.

"I can't believe you called me." I could hear him chuckle.

I tried to imagine what he looked like whilst we spoke and what he was doing and where he was.

His voice made me excited.

"Yeah well, I had to speak to the genius mind who wrote that book. I'm obsessed with it." His voice was so refreshing.

"Says you! I've spent so many nights crying to your album Harry. But thank you. It means so much."

I could feel my heartbeat picking up as I heard him breathing.

What the fuck? Harry fucking Styles is on the phone to me? Me?

"Aw, thanks darlin. Well I was wondering if by any chance you'd want to hang out you know, I'd love to pick your brain apart for some thoughts."

He paused. "About writing of course." I bit my lip and leant against the kitchen wall.

"Hmm... Obviously I'd love to just a bit of an issue is the fact that I live in Italy." I joked to him. Watching people outside my window and closing my eyes to the sun.

"Ah."

What about T? My mind pestered. That doesn't matter anymore. Some things end, I thought, some times we have to move on.

"Yeah, but you know, I haven't actually been on holiday for nearly a year now. Maybe I should take a break?"

"Mmm." He mused. "I definitely think that you're going to burn-out if you don't you know, my prime concern being your ability to write songs with me. So if you wanted a tour guide?" I laughed at that.

"Okay well, I've never been to LA, if I flew out, I could do some public readings to convince my publisher to fly me out. How about I call you sometime soon and then we can figure it out?"

Five days later and there I was in LAX with a car picking me up to take me to my air bnb. I clicked the contact on my strictly business phone and waited for him to pick up.

"Hey." My voice sounded like I'd just woken up. Which I had.

I was wearing huge sunglasses and just jeans and a tshirt.

"Hello. I didn't know if you'd be calling me or not." The familiarity of his British accent made me smile instantly.

"The funny thing is that it's kind of hard to call someone when you're on an airplane and that." I chucked my bag down on the ground and found my pack of cigs and took one out.

"That is fucking awesome. Okay, I'm at the studio but I can come pick you up if you want? Driving on the wrong side took me a while to get used to."

"Oh no need, I've got a car coming just text me an address to meet you at - because you know, I've never been here before and you can show me around."

My brain was scrambled at the idea of seeing him, just as a pistachio convertible thunderbird rolled to a stop in front of me.

I jumped in the wrong side and started driving on it. Everything was going upside down but all I could do was grin.

Harry always made me smile.

Hi! I know it's been a little while and this is only a short chapter but it's just here to start spicing up Cara's love life obviously!

How do you feel about Harry being part of this???

Are you excited?

Let me know I love talking to you!

As always all my love

Vote and comment 💋💋💋