Chapter Thirteen

I trotted carefully through the familiar path as I used my phone's flashlight to guide me through the dark. 

I wasn’t sure if this was my best idea, but I knew I didn’t want to see anyone else and there couldn’t be a better place to meet him, even if it's in the dark of the night on a trail behind an old farmhouse, in the middle of what seemed like nowhere. 

Relief dawned on me when I saw the outline of a muscular silhouette sitting on a rock in front of the surprisingly sparkling water. The moon danced on its crystal feature as the  crickets sang loudly. 

The sound of my feet caused him to look behind him, and he smiled welcomingly at me as I joined him. 

That smile alone  was enough to soothe my whole world. 

"Hey," he greeted softly, gently bumping my shoulder with his. 

"Hey,"  I returned, feeling a bit embarrassed that I led him all the way out here because I was feeling flushed. 

"Are you okay?" he asked, as he offered me a side hug, no doubt after seeing my gloomy state. 

I sighed. "I guess. How about you?" 

"I'm okay." He shrugged. "Date over with your boyfriend?" 

"He's not my boyfriend!" I snapped. 

"Okay, okay, chill." He chuckled as he raised his hands defenselessly. "I was just teasing. You seemed pretty upset on the phone." 

"Hhmm. Well, that's because..." I trailed. How do I put this? "I haven’t told you this before, but before I met you, Colton was literally everything that I ever dreamt to have. Now that I'm hanging out with you, it seems like...I don’t know." I admitted. I didn’t know what to think anymore. 

He shrugged again. "That's just how guys are. You've been best friends for what? Five years?" 

"Four," I corrected. 

"Same difference. My point is, he's been so comfortable all these years and now that it's too late, he's trying to redeem himself." 

I froze. "What do you mean by it's too late?" 

He smirked at me as he gently held my hand. "What if I want you all to myself, Skates?" My heartrate picked up. Was he serious? Was this finally it? 

"Fabian," I said as I looked him straight in the eye. "What are your intentions towards me?" I needed to know. This was why I called him to meet me here in the first place, right? 

I wanted to know if he felt the same way I felt so that I could know what to do about  Colton. 

"Everything pure, Paris. Trust me." 

"What do you want, Fabian?" I grew frustrated. He didn’t need to speak in parables to me. I needed to hear him say it straight, as I was not good with context clues. 

He smirked even wider as he leaned towards my ear. "I want...to turn you into a bad girl, Paris." My breath hitched as his warm breath fanned my ear, sending a shiver through my spine. 

"Wh-what do you mean?" 

"I want to show you a world that you've never seen before. That Colton or anyone else could never show you." He placed a kiss to my cheek, then one to my neck, and my body was already in a tingling mess as he seduced me under the bright moonlight. 

"Fabian?" 

"Paris?" 

"Please," I breathed out. I didn't know what I wanted, but this maddening thing he was doing was making my thoughts all hazy.