Chapter 1: Moving On

"Great. This is just great." I muttered to myself, laughing sarcastically. My flight had just been delayed 3 hours, and I was already insanely bored. I felt so small, and trapped in this gigantic airport. I've had such a rough week, I honestly have no idea how I'm still breathing. 

  I guess it's rude of me not to introduce myself. Hi, my name is Mackenzie Day. I'm currently sitting here, waiting for a dumb plane to come pick me up, and ship me off to a boarding school hundreds of miles away, like I'm some exported good. I'm sorry for the negativity, but let's be honest, I have every right to be negative. My mom, the last sane, influential person in my life, was just murdered. Murdered. She was all I had, but enough of that topic. Now, I'm moving across the country, to go to a boarding school, and I'm going to be living on campus. My uncle is the Dean. It's been an all boys school for the past one hundred years, and they just recently opened it up to female students. 

  I hopped up, deciding to go to Subway to pass some time. By the time they announced we could board the flight, I had been through two, 12 inch subs, three bags of Doritos, and three chocolate chip cookies. No shame. 

  I hurriedly grabbed my luggage, and smiled politely at the flight attendant once I was seated. 

  "Would you like anything to drink, sweetie?" She asked, dimples showing, as she dusted her hands on her cute uniform.

  "Yes, ma'am. Water, please?" I replied, as I untangled my earphones, plugging them into my iPod. With a swift nod of her head, she stepped down the isles to retrieve it, and then, we were off. 

  When I arrived at the school, I was definitely in shock. It was magnificent. Every building was made out of beautiful, multicolored bricks, and the handwork was insane. There were water fountains, spewing the cold liquid high into the sky, and I watched, amazed, as the water pellets sank deep into the surrounding puddle. There were eight buildings. The first building was known as the main building, and it consisted of counselors, office workers, and tour guides. The second and third buildings consisted of normal classes, such as math, social studies, science, and literature. The fourth building was full of special arts classes. Apparently, this school had many, many special arts classes. From singing, to martial arts, to drama, to advanced art, to photography, to basically any special arts class you wanted to take, and in this building, there was also a library, and a workout room/pool area. The fifth building was were the food court was. It was basically a food hall, consisting of all the major food places. The sixth and seventh buildings consisted of boys dorms, and lastly, the eighth was the girls dorms. In the middle of the campus, there was a small lake, which I was informed students sat around to do homework, or play Frisbee at on the weekends. The school was surrounded by forest, and had many walking paths. Not only that, but there was also any sport you could think of. Basically, this school was perfect. 

  I trotted into my dorm, and looked around the room. There was two full sized beds, two desks, two dressers, and two closets. There was also a small mirror hanging on the wall. I glanced at my appearance, cringing at the sight in front of me. The girl staring back at me had waist long, dirty blonde hair, and bright blue eyes. My hair was knotted, from my long plane trip, and I had slightly purple bags under my eyes. I was wearing sweatpants, and a t-shirt. Let's just say, I was definitely not a pretty sight today. I lied down my bags on my bed, and started unpacking. 

  I heard the door open, and a short, brown haired girl stepped into my view.