08 | invitation

AN:
Hi guys, since this is a quick update, please make sure that you've read the previous chapter (Chapter 07 - Ice Cream) before reading this one :).

AN:Hi guys, since this is a quick update, please make sure that you've read the previous chapter (Chapter 07 - Ice Cream) before reading this one :)

"I still can't believe that Mrs

"I still can't believe that Mrs. Adams asked us to submit the report tomorrow," Rory muttered, typing on her laptop before pushing her back against the chair. "I hate biology." She threw her hands in the air, shouting a bit too loudly that other students around us snapped their heads toward us.

"Lower your voice down," I whisper shouted at her, biting my chuckle. "We're inside the library, for God's sake."

Rory's hand shot to her mouth as she looked around, looking embarrassed. "Right. Sorry," she whispered.

I shook my head and smiled before focusing my eyes back on my laptop screen. "I agree with you, though. Biology sucks."

I also hated the fact that we didn't have any choice but to finish our biology assignment after school -- what we were doing now. But I was glad that I was with my best friend.

"You're here," a familiar masculine voice echoed in my ear, and when I looked up to my right, I was surprised to find that Tyler was smiling down at me.

As always, he looked insanely handsome, with his signature messy light brown hair and brilliant blue eyes that had captivated me the first time I saw him.

He pulled a chair to sit next to me, still not leaving his eyes off me, and my heart did a somersault.

"I'm sorry I'm late," he said, his charming smile plastered on his face, his stare making my knees go weak. "The football practice took longer than I'd expected."

"That's okay," I said to him. "I'm still not done with my biology report anyway." A soft smile touched my lips. "By the way, this is Rory, my best friend." I gestured in her direction.

Tyler turned his head toward Rory, whose jaw slightly dropped.

"Rory, this is Tyler," I introduced him. "You still remember how I nailed my history test, don't you? Tyler here is the guy I met in the library, who helped me find the perfect book. And today, he said that he would teach me Math." I chuckled.