Ellie the only child

Scene goes to the Max all festive for Christmas

Ellie(narrating)

My favorite time of the year is Christmas, just the one time of the year for family, joy....

Mac(narrating)

And presents.

Ellie(narrating)

Mac, there's more than just presents.

Mac(narrating)

Yeah, yeah hey how do you spell Mercedes?

Ellie walks away and goes over to her friends

Vanessa

Hey Vanessa you're still bringing those homemade Christmas mugs for our holiday party right?

Vanessa

Consider them your Christmas presents.

Steven

You guys are still doing that holiday party?

Ashley

I like the holiday party, it's better than our Christmas. You and Emmy go with your mom, and I hang out with my dad, and we don't see each other until the new year. The Morris holiday party makes you feel like one big happy family.

Denny

There is the type of family that won't get mad when you forget to whip the dirt off your shoes and walk into the house.

Mac

Well mom gets mad, but it doesn't really bother her.

Ellie

It does, it really does.

Soon D.C and Sophia come in where old time clothes

Vanessa

What are you wearing?

D.C

We are volunteering for the recent play of a Christmas carol. I am Bob Cratchit.

Sophia

And I'm his wife.

Ashley

Wait but you...

D.C

They didn't have that many kids!

Ellie

Well, after the play you guys are going to have fun at our holiday party. Mac you sent the text message right?

Mac

Yes, I did Ellie. (he pulls out his phone) Look, come to the Morris house for our holiday party, bring your sweaters.

Ellie

What was that?

Mac

Bring your sweaters.

Ellie

Mac, you were supposed to say holiday sweater. Now people are just going to show up in just everyday sweaters, and we're gonna be the only one wearing Christmas sweaters.

Mac

No we are not.

Scene goes to the Morris house Ellie is setting up for the party