1 | Pilot

unedited

A young man by the name of Michael Daniel Tanner who stood around five-ten in height and was your typical blonde hair that's always parted in the middle with blue eyes stood by his bedside table, his telephone pressed up against his ear.

Just awakened and still wearing his pajamas: a plain old white shirt that had rip holes on the left bottom corner and his day-to-day dark grey boxer briefs with white long socks that went up to the middle of his calves that covered his feet.

"I don't know..." The teen dragged out.

"Oh common Mike-" a girl's voice teased on the phone, "you know you'll always need me."

Chuckling the teen ran a hand through his fluffy morning hair, "grandma might be leaving, but I'll be gaining the help of two people."

On the other end of the phone was a teen at the ripe age of sixteen, quite short, with tanned skin and medium-length brown hair.

Xiomara or as everyone would call her 'Xiang' had been close friends with Michael and the Tanner family since birth due to her cousin Totong and Danny's close friendship.

A friendship that had been passed between the two teenagers since the first meeting.

"Who are you trying to convince," concerned for his general well-being.

It's been months since she had gone up and left; Michael was a mess, not knowing one bit about how to take care of a child, heck he barely knew how to take care of himself.

That had been one of the reasons why his Grandma Claire had moved in to help, the other being the death of his Mother Pamela.

Pam's death had come around the time of Jeanna's leaving; it seemed as though one bad thing after the other.

It toured Michael to pieces.

"Michael, the help you're going to be getting is from two adult men who, like you were, have no idea how to take care of a kid."

"Well actually-" Correcting herself, "Joey's impressions would actually work well with kids and Jesse's hair advice could help in the future..."

"Xiang." Cutting his best friend off when she had started to ramble, getting a smile and a chuckle from the still very sleepy teen. "I promise you, your number will be the first one to dial if I need help with Michelle."

A loud distant cry surrounded the room being heard by one of the teens as it had been too quiet for the telephone to pick up. It had come from just down the hallway where the nursery had been located.

"Speak of the devil- '' mumbling to himself, rubbing his face with his free hand, getting mentally prepared for what could be in one's diaper. "I gotta go, that was Michelle."

"Alright, call me whenever, yeah?"

"Yeah."

Hanging up the phone the girl sighed, getting up from her green office-like chair grabbing the small bag she had placed on her bed just earlier, slinging it over her shoulder, and making her way out the door.

Just outside the teenager's room was a hallway that lead straight to the kitchen and living room which were all just one big room; only having a sink, stove, cabinets, and a dining table as the kitchen while the living room was just a couch that turned into a bed for the girl's cousin Totong and of course a television.

Xiomara had been living with her much older cousin since the age of five when her parents got deported. Ever since then it had just been the two of them living in a small one-bedroom and bathroom apartment which usually Totong paid for though due to Xiomara now having a job they split it.