#6

SEAN POV

I went home that day with a bright smile on my face making my guys look at me weird. I couldn't blame them though. They used to my expressionless face and seeing me now would be a big gossip.

"You look happy", Larry said once I got seated in my office. I didn't say anything instead I just kept smiling to myself like an idiot.

"Is it her again?", Larry teased. He knew about Valerie. I always told him everything. I just nodded and recalled when she agreed to spend dinners with me from now on.

"You are so whipped man", he muttered lowly but I could hear him. Was I? I didn't know. All I knew was that I would do anything for her. I'd make her my queen. Everything she wanted, she'd get them and if someone would dare hurt her, I'd hunt them down and they'd be sorry for laying their eyes on her.

"Anyway, I think we found something about that 'rat' ", Larry's words snapped from my thoughts. We'd been tracking him since the incident at Paul's house but we couldn't find anything. There was no sign of him going out of states either meaning he was still here.

"One of the cops spotted him at a bar 2 hours from here and he wasn't alone either. There was a man with him and they were having a conversation", Larry exclaimed.

He didn't even try to hide or disappear meaning he might be planning something. Whatever it was, it couldn't be good and whoever he was talking to might be his accomplice.

"Keep watching him, especially the bar. He might be hanging out there for a while and maybe we could dig some information too", I commanded.

"Of course", Larry said before exiting the room leaving me alone.

I needed to get rid of this rat and his accomplices fast. I didn't want to risk them knowing about Valerie and holding her at gunpoint. The thought of her being hurt by these people made my blood boil.

I got up from my chair and headed downstairs to my mini bar. I scanned the alcohol and decided to have some Bourbon to relax my mind. Alcohol always calmed my nerves.

"You're still up", Georgina suddenly appeared in the room, making me jump a little. Georgina was my step sister. Her dad married my mom when I was in 8th grade. We got along pretty well for step siblings.

"Yeah. I'm just stressed", I said gulping the hot liquor down my throat.

"Well, don't get too drunk because I don't want to be the one who drags your fat ass upstairs", she teased.

"I'm not fat. These are muscles", I said showing him my big arm.

"Whatever you say", she sang. She was my step sister but I loved her like my own sister. At first, I hated the thought of having a little sister because from what I heard from my friends, they were whiny cry babies, spoiled and wanted all the attention. But when I met Georgina, I was wrong. She was far from a spoiled child. She was independent, brave, and smart. She wasn't that girly too. We used to play PlayStation together or watch football though she didn't understand it. She was the best sister in the world.

"So what brings you here?", I asked her. Her face suddenly looked down.

"I don't think I love Mike anymore", she said sadly.

"Do I need to kick some ass?", I was always protective of Georgina.

"No, he didn't do anything. I just don't feel like he's the one", she looked anyway but me.

"If that's how you feel then you should just tell him that. Don't lead him away", it was the best advice I could tell her. If we don't feel like they're the one then we should be honest right?