The Hunters

It was a lovely warm spring day when my 2 younger sisters, my older brother, sister and I had just got home from school. We got off the bus and walked towards the house. "Mum's not home" my older sister Eliza called. It was such a nice day that we decided to walk in the forest behind our house. We dumped all of our bags inside and walked behind the house towards the forest path. The path wound through the forest and continued through to the other side of the forest which was about 10kms away. We walked for hours enjoying the weather and seeing all the animals. We walked and walked watching the deer and little fawns run in the meadows and forest as we passed them. We walked until the sun started to set. "We had better get home" my older brother Dave said. We turned around and hadn't walked far when a Ute came around the bend behind us. We stopped on the side of the path like we were taught to let the Ute pass but it just stopped and waited. In the Ute was a lady in her young 20s and 3 other big, strong looking men. The man driving waved for us to continue walking. Eliza and Dave walked ahead of my younger sisters while I walked behind everyone. I held onto my sisters to make sure that they were ok and they would not move from where they were in between all of us. The Ute followed us every step of the way towards home.