I'm Only Human. [1]

Hey guys! So, this is basically the first chapter or prologue - if you will, to I'm Only Human (the sequel to 'I'm Sorry, Did You Say Werewolf?'). I really hope you enjoy this story, and please feel free to leave feedback and suggestions in the comments! Also, thank you for all the support with starting this sequel and finishing the first story! Love you guys

Oh yeah, check out the picture on the side! It's of the dress Ally's wearing.(: and the song! :D

Enjoy!

************

Prologue/

Chapter 1:

Sighing, I pulled my body into the black and royal blue evening gown.

"It doesn't look right on me," I murmured to myself, tugging at the rose-shaped hem at the front of the dress; trying to bring it down a little.

"Shut up, Ally. It does."

I jumped, startled at the hearing a voice. Resting my hand over my chest in attempt to calm my racing heart, I replied, "Gosh Venice, way to give me a heart attack!"

Venice simply grinned before skipping up to me and adjusting the upper hem of my dress. "It's gonna happen today, I just know it!" She squealed in excitement, slapping her hands on my shoulders.

Unfortunately, I knew it too.

It was the evening of Blake's foster sister's engagement party today. It was also unofficially pronounced the evening where Blake's foster parents would throw out sly hints, indicating that Blake and I should finally settle down.

That didn't sit well with me.

"Are you excited?" Venice asked. "I'm excited!"

"Yeah, I'm excited." My voice however seemed to disagree. And unfortunately Venice picked up on that.

She raised an eyebrow at me, dropping her arms from my shoulders. "You don't seem excited."

"I am," I sighed. "I..I just- I don't know."

Smiling at me sadly, Venice lead me over to the single bed that sat alone in the room. "It's about Blake, isn't it?" She asked softly.

My eyes widened a fraction. "N-No, not at all-!" I hurried to reassure her but she cut me off.

"Ally, I'm your best friend. I know when you're lying."

My shoulders sagged in defeat. Venice was right. I didn't want to do this. I had gone fourteen months, lying to everyone, pretending to be happy. Pretending to be a part of something that my heart disagreed with. I had lied to everyone. And I hated it.

Never had a day gone past where I felt had not felt ashamed or disgusted in myself and the situation I had put myself in. And if I went through with this today, I knew in my heart I would end up being pressured into marrying Blake.

I sighed, running a hand over my face. It was fun, at first. But after a while the buzz kinda wore off. No matter how hard I tried, there was always a dull ache in my chest every time I thought about him. Every time I saw him.

Kai.

I saw him in pain every day yet I didn't do anything about it. I just let it be. Even when I was in the same pain.

Maybe it was my pride? My ego? I don't know. Whatever it was, it stopped me from going over to him and apologising and begging for a second chance. It eventually got so bad for Kai that he transferred schools, just to avoid seeing me.

That hurt more than it should have. In a sick attempt to redeem myself, and to build over my pain, I stayed with Blake. He was happy being my boyfriend, so it was only right for my to return his feelings. I'd already hurt one person, I couldn't bare to hurt another. Even if it meant hurting myself. I mean, I deserved it - being in everlasting internal pain.

I let out a humourless laugh. It was too late now anyway. There was nothing left to do but suck it up.

"I can do this. I can do this," I chanted, trying to reassure myself. Maybe if Blake and I got married, I could learn to love him and be happy with him?

With that thought in mind, I gave myself a little confidence boost. Slipping into my royal blue heels, I plastered a believable smile on my face. This was it.

I took a deep breath and turned to face Venice.

"Let's do this."