Growing Up

Dear Mom and Dad,

I'm growing up and I can't hide it. I am not your little girl but I am just your daughter. There are many reasons to prove it but here are a few.

1.) I'm getting conscious of my looks.

2.) I'm starting to like the opposite gender.

3.) Opposing you is what I always think of.

Love your daughter,
Liz (No longer lizzie)

---(5 years later)---

Dear Mom and Dad,

Hi! Well, I didn't receive I reply from my last letter. I feel sad... are you ignoring me? Anyways, I'm all grown up now. Here are some reasons why.

1.) I wear make up and eat healthy now.

2.) I have a boyfriend.

3.) I'm always right.

Love your daughter,
Elizabeth(No longer Liz)

---(10 years later)---

Dear Mom and Dad,

I received no reply again. I'm okay with it though. I hope that you will reply this time though. You once told me not to get married at an early age. But, I got married 8 years ago, when I was 20. I stopped going to university but I'm happy with the Chad Grier.

He is four years older than me and we have one child. He is never around the house but that's because he is busy working. I hope you approve Chad because I am very happy with him.

Love your daughter,
Elizabeth Grier

---(5 years later)---

Dear Mom and Dad,

You didn't reply again.

But, I'm here to tell you that you were right.

I shouldn't have gotten married early.

Chad has been cheating on me for as long as we were married. He has another family. I divorced him.

Now, I'm alone with my child Nash.

I'm broke. I have a lot of debts. I can't find a proper job because I didn't finish college.

I should have listen to your advice... I'm sorry. I need help.

But, how can you help me? When you are up there in heaven. You are probably having the time of your lives while your daughter keeps writing to you.

Not once did I feel you were with me. Even when you were alive, you were always busy with work. I never felt your presence but I didn't mind because I enjoyed the freedom as a child.

Now, I know how much I need you. How much I should have listened to you. It's too late, your dead.

Pfft, I doubt you can even read my letters.

The first time I wrote to you was a few days after you died. I wanted to prove that life would be better without you.

I was wrong.

I realized how much I love you. But, it's too late. I miss you.

I want to be there with you. I want to bring Nash with me. Will it be okay?

"No, Nash needs to live and you need to be with him," I can imagine you saying. The old me, wouldn't have listened. But, I'll listen now because I know your right.

Nash and I can get through this together. We will fight till the very end.

I love you.

Love your daughter,
Elizabeth Dallas

---(5 years later)---

Dear Grandma, Grandpa and Mom,

It's me, Nash! I hope you all are in a better place now.

I'm okay, now. I'm not depressed or anything anymore.

I'm actually a successful business man now and am engaged with this lovely girl named Jenna. Don't worry we are just engaged.

I love you and I miss you a lot.

Love,
Nash Dallas