Chapter Ten

"If you don't want people to know I'm your mate, you're not doing a good job, wolfie."
He realised our position and got up as fast as he could, then dusted himself off before walking off. I sat up, watching him walk away from me. 'He's got a nice butt' I grinned to myself.

"You good, Kiara?" Theodore chuckled at me, making me playfully stick my tongue out at him.

I've decided to walk around the pack, the wind calmly blowing through my hair, I enjoyed the peace when walking, it helped me clear my mind.

I beamed as I saw pups running around and chasing each other while giggling their little hearts off. The smile on my face quickly disappeared when I saw one of the pups falling down and blood was trailing down their legs as tears rolled down their rosy cheeks.

I used my vampire speed to run up to her and bent down to her level. "Shh it's okay sweetie." I comforted her as I wiped her tears away. She looked up at me with her big doe eyes as she sniffled.

"What's your name, angel?" I rubbed her back as she steadied her breathing.

"Eleanor." She said shyly and I silently cooed at her cuteness.

"Eleanor is such a pretty name." She looked down, her cheeks were rosy as she muttered a low thanks.
I held onto her leg as I looked down at her wound. Unexpectedly, the next thing I saw was a bright shining light on my hands, my eyes widened in shock.

The second the light was gone, so was Eleanor's wound. She gasped lowly, looking at her leg.
"How did you do that?" She looked back at me in astonishment. "I-i..I'm not sure...but can we keep it our little secret angel?" I stuttered, hoping Eleanor wouldn't say anything, as I didn't understand what happened. She nodded immediately and wrapped her tiny arms around my neck. "Thank you, Miss Kiara." I wrapped my arms around her tiny figure, a small smile plastered on my face. "You're welcome, Eleanor." She gave me one last smile before running towards her friends.

I looked around to see if anybody saw what happened, I let out a sigh of relief when nobody had their eyes on me, I stared down at my hands in confusion. 'Did I just heal her?"

Xylus was staring out the window at his mate from his office, a small smile appeared on his face, seeing his mate using her Luna instincts to run up to the distressed pup.

His Beta, Eugene came up next to him. "She's your mate, isn't she?" He turned to look at his beta, perplexed. "How did you know?" Eugene chuckled at how unaware his Alpha is. "Well you weren't making enough effort to hide it, Alpha." Xylus sighed in defeat as he turned back to look at his mate hugging the little pup, he felt a ping of happiness in his heart but tries to brush it off.

"What's stopping you from being with her?" Eugene questioned in curiosity.

"She is one of the most hated supernatural beings in the werewolf community, there could be war if I were to be with her." He rubbed his forehead, Eugene felt there was more to his reason than that, but he knows better than to question his Alpha.

"Well I apologise for speaking informally, but if you don't want to be with her for only that reason, then it says more about you than it does about her, the moon goddess doesn't make mistakes, there's a reason why she paired both of you, you're only thinking about the negatives about being with her, but what about the positives? Instead of causing a war, she might help end a war." Eugene explained, bowing his head in respect then exiting his office, leaving Xylus to his thoughts.

{EDITED}