Chapter 1

(Sophia's POV)

I walked up the street pulling on the fabric of my dress. I'd stopped a few times, glancing at my reflection in the mirror. I'd let Callie, my roommate, talk me into "A grown up wardrobe" and was thirty seconds away from stripping out of this stupid thing and burning it to hell.

My eyes fall on my reflection, taking in the skin tight knee length dark blue dress. While the dress was amazing, hugging my small curves in all the right places, I wasn't the type of woman to flaunt my figure. Spending over half my life in printed skirts, blazers and slightly oversized cardigans the tightness and constant looks were less than appealing.

I felt like a small child wearing my mothers clothes but Callie wasn't a person who takes no for an answer and this was one of the better outfits. I don't know why I needed cocktail dresses and heels but whatever. I pause at the door, reaching into my bag and switch out my blue ballet flats for strappy kitten heels.

I carefully make my way into the large glass building and find a secretary at the front desk "Excuse me?"

"Yes?"

I take in the beautifully curvy woman before me, her perfectly done hair and flawless make up. My hand fiddles with the bottom of my dress again "I'm here for an appointment?"

She flips open her book, scanning through the names "Jones?"

"Yes."

She makes a call, glancing at me a few times and I fight the urge to leave the building. She hums, ends the call and proceeds to ignore me and she types on her computer. I pause, waiting for her to finish but her eyes never leave the desk.

"Um-"

"Miss Jones?" I take in a buff man leaving the elevator, his body was marked with scars and his terrifying frown was only matched by his eyes "Come with me."

I walk across the lobby, stumbling once and make my way into the office. It was extremely large, sturdy and lined with buttons. I follow the line up to forty-five, PH was the last floor. I watch him push the top button and swallow roughly, my throat felt so dry.

..

..

We walk down the hall and enter into a larger office, the lack of objects in the room made the size double. There was a huge solid oak desk and a large plush leather chair. Two leather chairs sat before the desk, a big metal filing cabinet and a single black and white picture beside the door.

Wow...

I clear my throat and glance at the man before me "Do I sit?"

"Clean."

"What?"

"Clean up this mess, the boss doesn't like mess."

I pause, my look of confusion is ignored as he turns, leaving me in the large office. Was this some sort of test? Would I fail if I didn't clean up? Would I fail if I did? I mean no one knew me and now I'm standing in the bosses office...

I glance around the office, seeing most of the mess on the desk and sigh.

What the hell...

I look at a few of the papers on the desk and decide to do a simple filing system.

..

..

The door opens when I finish the last of the papers. I glance at the last two, passing them over two piles and place them on the last one. I pick up the pile, tapping the papers into a neat stack and stop when I glance up.