chapter seven | greer's misunderstanding

It was dinner time when Rosie was beginning to figure out a way to approach Greer.

She really wondered if she needed more time to get it all planned out, wanting to choose her words wisely, along with giving Gavin the chance to speak to his twin. One thing Gavin understood better than anyone else was the way Greer was unpredictable at times, which was why Rosie had to be careful, especially if the subject was about Adam.

Over at the Slytherin table, while Gavin kept his head down and his mouth full of food, her eyes went to Adam, who was lifting his cup, staring at anywhere but Greer, who seemed to be enjoying herself as she laughed alongside some Slytherin girls that Rosie did not recognize. By the looks of it, Greer looked unfazed by everything else around her. This wasn't a surprise to Rosie, knowing how Greer could avoid any problems just by simply focusing her attention on other things, where Adam was more of the type to talk things out.

They were complete opposites, but maybe that was why they worked so well together.

Once dinner was over, Rosie hesitated to stand up from her seat. Her nerves began to start up with her hands getting a bit shaky, which she was hoping wouldn't happen.

Maybe I should take Adam's suggestion and not get involved, she thought.

No. She had to talk to Greer. This was not just about Adam. This was also about the questions she had been thinking about asking, and Greer was the one she trusted to give her the answers she wanted.

When she finally gathered up the courage to stand up, she focused on Greer's blonde hair, watching it bounce as she strolled out of the Great Hall with the other Slytherins. As she tried to keep up without bumping into other students in the corridor, Greer was heading down an empty corridor. Rosie made her way out of the crowd and followed her friend. At this point, she decided to tread lightly long enough to relax before she made her approach. So far, she didn't feel any less anxious.

But when she turned the corner, the echoes of everyone else died down and she realized that she was completely alone. Confused, she looked around for Greer, but she was nowhere to be found. Rosie sighed in defeat, spinning on her heel towards the way she came. But before she started walking in that direction, she let out a gasp, almost falling backwards.

"Greer," she breathed out, exhaling in relief. "You scared me."

The blonde girl snorted. "Yes, that was obvious." She was leaning against the wall with her arms crossed and a smirk on her face. "Just like it was obvious that you were following me the moment you left the Great Hall."

Rosie's face was already turning red in embarrassment as she nodded her head. "Yeah, I've never been good at being discreet."

"Again, very obvious," she stated, pushing her body off the wall. "Now, the question is, why were you following me so indiscreetly?"

The Gryffindor slowly made her way towards Greer, trying to not look so nervous. "I wanted to talk to you, that's all."

"About my argument with Adam this morning?" the blonde asked, raising her eyebrows.

She just about froze in place, her heart beating faster now. "How did you--"

"Oh, Rosie, you should know by now that nothing gets by me." There was a pause, then she continued. "Gavin also tried to talk to me about him as well, so I figured you'd do the same. I'm also going to assume that Adam most likely said something to you about it."

"He did," she admitted. "I told him I'd try and--"

"--talk some sense into me?" Greer finished. "Yeah, it's not like I haven't heard that before." She rolled her eyes, approaching Rosie. "I think we both know that I'll just hear the same things from you that my lovely twin brother attempted to drill in my head."