Yale or Hell

This by far one of my favorite chapters I have ever written. I hope you all enjoy it.

"Sorry, ex...Dan hey!" I greet my friend I've barely seen.

"Hey wow it feels like..."

"A long time since that awkward dinner you and Serena had." I joke with him.

"Yeah, that was not my finest moment." He admits.

"What happened to Amanda? She just seemed to have left."

"Yeah, I didn't get any closure with that and...probably for the best." I notice his file in his hands with Yale written on it.

"No more Dartmouth?" I question.

"Well Yale just poached their whole writing staff so this was the more obvious choice."

"Wow you never saw yourself anywhere but Dartmouth." I comment.

"I know. I can be so..."

"Stubborn." I finish and he laughs.

"Which school are you touring this weekend?"

"Yale." I answer.

"What no way. That means we're going to be touring together." Dan exclaims.

"Yeah, I got a handwritten note from the dean. He read one of my recent articles in Teen Vogue about inequality in fashion and how it relates to real life. He found it riveting and personally invited me to tour the campus."

"Are you applying to Yale?" I shake my head.

"Never really been that interested and if I plan to continue my career I need to be close to the city so Yale would be too far away." I explain.

"Speaking of work why have you decided to take the year off? I mean you were working so much and still kicked everyone's ass at school."

"Personal reasons." I answer not wanting to dive deeper into it.

"Oh that...yeah that is wonderful they invited you." He has some hint of jealousy in his voice.

"It's an invitation to tour a school I was already going to tour Dan. No need to sound jealous."

"I was not..."

"Dan you're a horrible liar. I can see right through your whole facade that I'm okay but I hate the elite." I mock him.

"I do not sound like that at all." He argues. I give him a look.

"Jen said she ran into you at Eleanor's fashion show." I stiffen. I had hope Jenny kept my secret but I never know. I tell my brother everything why would I assume she would keep something secret from Dan.

"She did. What did she say?"

"Uh just that you have always been an inspiration to her and always encouraged her to go for her dreams." I feel like I can breathe again.

"Jenny is very talented."

"Yeah we think so too but my dad is wow he is so mad with her."

"Because she was skipping school?"

"Yeah, and lying about it. She's grounded until I don't even know how long but she's always gone for what she wants."

"Talent like her's has to be showcased. It can't just wait until the world is ready for her." I explain.

"Is that how you feel? You know with modeling?"

"It's not the pretty clothes or designer brands I get to wear Dan that makes the job fulfilling. It's the people, the places, and the experiences I get doing that job."