Epilogue

Dear Alyssa,

I'm sorry I haven't written to you sooner, but we had no idea that global message delivery existed until we were nearly out of the United States, oops!

We're sending you our love from Rio de Janeiro and Alyssa; it is beautiful here. Right now, we're set up on the edge of Tijuca Forest. There's a path a few miles long that winds through the forest and leads all the way to a statue that overlooks the entire city. It's an amazing sight, something I can't really describe on paper. You'll just have to come see it yourself one day. I'm loving the heat here. The men, however, keep complaining that they're going to melt, so we're considering heading somewhere more Northern next. Zen Aku has often mentioned visiting Iceland specifically, we think it might have something to do with their odd day and night cycle but we're not quite sure.

I understand now why you guys struggled against him the way you did. It took seeing him hunt for me to get it too. He's otherworldly, unstoppable and a little intense at times. I thought Merrick and I were strong, but Zen Aku is on a completely other level. Not going to lie, I was hesitant about Zen Aku at first, but now, I couldn't imagine carrying on without him. He does often say he's sorry for giving the Rangers such a hard time, he is really trying hard to redeem himself for his past. I know he's absolutely found the right people to help him out. It feels weird sometimes to be guiding the morals of an Org, but he fits in so well with us that it's also not that weird at all. We've been able to accomplish so much more together.

We all miss Princess Shayla dearly, even Zen Aku remembers her fondly. No matter where we are, Merrick still wakes with every sunrise to play Ode to Nature for her. It's selfish, but I sometimes wish I could look up and see the Animarium again. I know it would mean the Earth was in danger, but you never really stop caring for someone once they're gone, do you? Well, if the day ever comes where that island appears again, we'll be there, ready to greet it.

Merrick is doing pretty well out here. With every new place we travel to, I see more of him re-emerge. The wind has carried us to the aid of so many people and the more Merrick lends out, the more he's receiving back. It's like he's healing, Alyssa. It just makes me so incredibly happy to see him happy. When we passed through Nevada, we camped near a place called Lake Tahoe. Merrick kept us there for nearly a fortnight, he loved it so much. He said if we were to ever settle down, he would build us a cabin right next to the water. I know one day he will find a peace within himself, but for now, some peace with our wolf pack seems to be working fine. He still has his moments where he needs to step away and be alone, but who doesn't? He's not forcing us away anymore, so that's certainly progress. I think Merrick is gradually making me more patient, slowing me down a bit when I need it, whereas I constantly push his barriers and break him out of those walls he's built up.

Passing through certain cities has been fun, but sometimes tough. I can see there is so much work that must be done for our planet. I think I might just be on the road forever! Every place seems to come with its own list of problems, and it's usually not as simple as just beating the stuffing out of the bad guys. I'm finding the old politician in me is coming out a lot because diplomacy seems to be key to making major changes. It took me properly getting out into the world to realize how it works. Governments control nearly everything. Borders are laid and fought over, it's all very confusing to someone like me who comes from, clearly, a much simpler time. (what even is currency, was this system designed to make sense?) We are making it work though and we're still doing a lot of good in the ways that we can, and we all seem to really be in our element out here.

I can only hope that I am keeping my promise to Animus, and that wherever his spirit is, I am making him proud. He once said that my heart leads me, that just by helping others is how I inspire humanity. I will never know if my efforts have been enough until my time on this Earth finally draws to a close once again. Until that time comes, I will be here, spreading the legacy of Animaria and making changes that will help our Earth and its people.

We'll be on the move again soon I'm sure, so, wherever the wind takes us, I'll make sure to send along a return address. I'm very much looking forward to hearing back from you, with hopefully some news about the others as well. We miss you all and are sending you all our best. Much love from,

Lila, Merrick and Zen Aku.

(ps. Zen Aku tells the best campfire stories ever, he'll give you nightmares for weeks!)