Time To Go To Work (teaser)

AUTHOR'S NOTE:  Sorry in advance, this is going to be a bit of a long A/N.  

I just wanted to address a few things.  Yes, this is the first update since... 2016, I think?  Apologies for it taking literal years, but I kind of just lost my passion and my ability to write for a while there, and am only just starting to try and piece it all back together.  With that in mind, please forgive any inconsistencies within the story and bear with me as I attempt to bring FoN back to life after such a long hiatus.

Also, I will slowly be editing the entire manuscript and making quite a few changes overall, but I will post a message to all followers when those changes happen, so that those of you who wish to do an entire re-read can do so with the new manuscript.
Some of the changes you can look forward to are: Ashleigh Thomas will be reimagined and in the new version will be Ashleigh Choi, a Korean girl.  Courtney Keller's father will be African American.  Noah Duke's mother was Argentinian.  So as you can see, character diversity is going to be added and I am very excited about this, even if for some characters it only changes some minor details.

I am also working towards two sequels/spin off stories.  One is about Courtney when she is 21.  The other is about Ashleigh when she is 23.  I have so far mapped out the very basics of both stories, and will probably look at posting Courtney's story, maybe even before FoN is complete.  We will see - for the moment I just want to celebrate the fact that I managed to write more than a single paragraph lol.

Anyway, this here is a teaser for the upcoming chapter - it is roughly the first four pages of the chapter, so I would say approx 25% of the overall chapter.  I hope you enjoy it, and that it gives you a bit of hope that the story will finally begin to get the ending it has been waiting for.

To those of you that have stuck with the story for a long time, I thank you lovely people from the bottom of my heart for still being here with me.  I hope you know I appreciate every one of you. 

Love always,

Starzee

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I stared at the shirt.

At those two words that defined a huge part of my life. The company wasn't merely a big part of who I was; it was my parent's legacy to Riley and me. The same legacy that Tyson had just revealed to be his constant torment.

I... oh, my God. He hated me.

And if I happened to run into the bastard who actually owns it, I'd only need ten seconds to let him know what a piece of shit I think he is.

Ten seconds was all he'd need to tell me I was a horrible human being. Was that because he'd forego pleasantries altogether and just punch me? Or was it because you could literally call someone a piece of shit in two seconds, giving you another eight to add a few more choice adjectives just in case the point hadn't been driven home?

Numb with shock even as my heartbeat began to accelerate at an alarming rate, I traced the design stitched into the black polo. How had this happened? Why was this happening? I'd woken up this morning determined to tell Tyson who I was and all that it entailed. I'd finally decided to share all of myself with someone that wasn't Riley, Mel, or Courtney, and yet...

The more I thought about it, the more panic set in. I couldn't tell Tyson anything. My grand revelation would not be met with confusion, awe, and curiosity followed by calm acceptance as I'd hoped for. Hell, I'd be lucky if all he did was throw me out of his apartment the second the words passed my lips.