𝟛𝟛

When I come down for breakfast in the morning, Joohyuk rises from a table for two by a window overlooking a garden. The hard body I explored last night is now safely clad in a green T-shirt and sports shorts. He pulls out my chair, and the mischief in his warm eyes, the quirk of those lips that did glorious things to me, makes me blush.

"You're up early," he teases. And when I simply drop into the seat, he feigns surprise. "Someone's in a good morning mood."

"I had a nice night." I open my all-Korean menu. "You know, the Dragon would be proud. I can read which dishes are soups, meats, veggies—"

"Nice? Your night was nice?" Joohyuk grabs my waist, angling for a kiss. My menu drops. "When we get to Heaven Lake tonight, I'll show you nice."

He kisses me and I tuck my hand into his hair that I am seriously crazy for. Our tablecloth is slipping and we're drawing attention from an older couple the table over, but I don't care. I want to see Joohyuk no longer in control, but laid bare, drunk on pleasure. On me.

"Who knew Wonder Boy was so good with his tongue?" I murmur.

He smirks. "I won a speech contest junior year."

"Such a waste of talent."

"Hey, guys." Sohee swings a third chair up to our table, glowing in her orange dress. "I got us a spot! I heard the typhoon was jamming up flights so I called the National Theater again and I was right! An acrobatic troop from Singapore had to cancel and now the theater's scrambling. Friday night when we get back to Seoul—it's ours! My aunt and uncle will be there and Jungwoo's already agreed to move the whole talent show and open it to the public—now I just need to get the Dragon's okay."

"Wow, Sohee." I pull free from Joohyuk to give myself space to breathe. So many good things are tumbling into my life. "I can't believe it. Yes, I can. The National Theater. You did it!"

She swings her hair over her shoulder. "They'll put posters in their box office windows and send an email to their list. They said we can even charge admissions."

"Seriously?" I scoot my chair forward. "Let's donate the proceeds to Jihyo's family. To all the families in her village impacted by the typhoon."

"A benefit concert," Joohyuk says. "Perfect."

"I should have thought of it sooner." I hug him, then Sohee. "It'll be a small way to give back to her."

"And what about adding an auction?" Joohyuk says. "It'll raise more money. Then anyone can contribute, even if they can't be onstage."

"Sohee, you can put it together, I know you can. We could ask everyone to donate stuff. Even Kang—" I wrinkle the hem of our tablecloth. "Maybe he'd be willing to give us some paintings."

Sohee's hand moves to her ear, involuntarily searching for his earring. A small cloud passes over her face.

Then she leaps to her feet. "There's the Dragon. Suzy, come on."

ʕ-̫͡-ʔ*ᵒᵛᵉᵇᵒᵃᵗ✲゚ⁱⁿ* 서울。 *

The Dragon scoops soup onto her rice as Sohee explains. I shift my weight from foot to foot and at one point, the Dragon sets a finger on her nose and a thumb on her chin, listening like Eomma does.

"Alasseo," she says at last.

"We're on!" Sohee starts to drag me away.

"Sooji," says the Dragon.

I turn back cautiously. "Ye?"

Her hawk-eyed gaze pierces. "This is a fine thing you girls are doing."